Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with copy/stretch dynamic block

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
dimtick
1334 Views, 22 Replies

need help with copy/stretch dynamic block

I'm trying to make a dynamic block for 1" gypsum shaft liner board for use in fire rated shaft wall plan details.  these shaft liner panels are 2 feet long with rounded ends (1'-11 3/4" to be exact)

What I want to do is have the block be stretchable and would seperate the gyp board panels into 2 foot lengths.

The block would create a combination of full & partial panels depending on the detail.  

For example if your doing a detail that is 5 feet long the block would show (2) 2 foot panels and a half panel.....hopefully that makes sense.

i did a search but didn't find anything so I'm sorry if this is a repeat. 

the drawing I've attatched simply illustrates what I'm talking about.

I think this is doable but I haven't created any dynamic blocks for a while so I'm pretty rusty.

thanks for the help

Chuck

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Charles_Shade
in reply to: dimtick

An Array Action in the Block would do what you are asking but off the top of my head the half panel would be difficult without some multiple Array Actions being added.

A Full panel or a Full panel + w/ Halp panel array at the end would be pretty straight forward.

Either two blocks or 2 Vis States for one block.

This is a good exercise and I'll try to do what I think will work over the next couple days unless Juris beats me to it.

Message 3 of 23
hwalker
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I've beaten you both to it.

Chuck I've attached a drawing with a block with 3 visiblity parameters in it

The first parameter is just called Half panel and does exactly what it says on the tin

The second parameter is called Full Panels. This has the array parameter in it fixed at 2' spacings.

The third parameter is called Full Panels Half End. This uses the array parameter from the previous one. It also has a move action which moves the half panel to the end of whever the array parameter finishes

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 23
steven-g

Here's my shot at it.

Message 5 of 23
Charles_Shade
in reply to: steven-g

That's what I was thinking but wondered if the Array could be set up that the end would pop on every two feet and therefore it is just one Stretch Action that does it all.

Message 6 of 23
steven-g

I can't think of a way straight off, It would be nice if someone could get it to work, but it is a combination of stretch and array, maybe they could be chained?

Message 7 of 23
Charles_Shade

Yep that and something that would trigger a Vis State showing the end cap most likely.

This makes more sense in me head than it does in CAD.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous

if You accept using of wipeout - try that block

Juris

Message 9 of 23
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

I was looking at a wipeout just before I left work, almost had it, but I can't open your dwg at home can you save it back to 1977 version so I can open it onto my drawing board. :>)

Message 10 of 23
Anonymous

2007 file version

Message 11 of 23
hwalker

@Anonymous wrote:

2007 file version

He did ask for a 1977 version, so you'll have to draw it out by hand for him Smiley LOL

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

ok - I'll try

and send as letter by post Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 23
steven-g

Thanks 😆

Message 14 of 23
Charles_Shade

I knew Juris was just waiting for the amateurs to get out of the way. Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 23
steven-g

Ok juris still 2 grips. I got down to one grip, but I can't get the wipeout to stay on top, so it's not officially working

Message 16 of 23
Charles_Shade

That's because the Wipeout will always be behind the created Array entitity since the Array entitity is created after the Wipeout.

Nice try Mortimer! Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous

There are 1 problem with chained parameters (I think bug)

I think if I specify for chained linear parameter Dist type - Increment, it mustn't have another length than increment distance range. In this case this block can have only 1 grip

But in reality, if I move master linear parameter, who is moving chained parameter, than chained parameter have any distance, not only increment range - and I think it is not right.

If I afterthat move chained parameter grip - it jump back in his increment range.

Juris

Message 18 of 23
steven-g

I tried chaining 3 parameters, One as the total length, one with the increment for the array and another to stretch the part panel at the end, that was also linked into the incremented parameter to keep jumping along. (deep breath) I got a headache and gave up. So I dumbed it down a bit as a simple solution draw 100 sheets and then a wipeout that gets shorter as you move the grip. voilà! (we'll get there Blake Smiley Happy)

Message 19 of 23
steven-g

Give the man a HOB NOB (for those of you not in the civilized world, that is the best chocolate biscuit in existence),

One grip. It falls down at less than one full sheet so I'll settle for half the biscuit.

Message 20 of 23
Libbya

This version works with a single grip up to 20'.  If you need more than 20', then add another block.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services