Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Array help with Stair

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tedhicks
2456 Views, 7 Replies

Need Array help with Stair

I am trying to create a stair dynamic block... I still have a few things I want to add to the block, but, I'm having a problem with the second array task... The stair will be a "U" shaped stair, stair run 1 is working fine... stair run 2 instantly adds a couple of risers ahead of the stretching action. I can not find the reason for this, any help finding the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ted

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: tedhicks

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

It's the placement of the Stair Run 2 Parameter.

Do you want it to show the whole run for design purposes or jsut be used to add treads?

If you need for this to show the whole run then you will need to use another Paramter for the Array.

No time to show a remedy but you need to address what you want the Block to report to make revisions

Something to ponder as well.

Message 3 of 8
tedhicks
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I got it... I was selecting the wrong line to array...
Thanks
Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

Explode the Block and see if there are two or more Tread lines at each, well, tread. I am wondering if you are still getting three or so and they are just falling over one another.

Message 5 of 8
tedhicks

Charles, 

Thanks for asking... I did gt my problem worked out... I was just selecting the wrong line.

I have attached what I am working on (to date)... I still have a few tweaks and additions I want to make to it, but, it works pretty good as is.

Ted

Message 6 of 8
arifnkhan

To make a 3D spiral stair, or curved rows of seating in an auditorium or classroom, using a dynamic block one would need to have polar array parameter and action in the Block Authoring Palettes. I dont find any. Or, maybe those are there but I do not know about them.

I have searched everywhere for a way to get polar array in a dynamic block. The Block Editor does not seem to have a tool to do it with, and I found no discussion on it in the forums here.

I have attached a DWG file here in which I have tried to explained what I want to do.

Will someone be kind enough to show me how to do it, or tell me where to find the solution. Thank you very much.

Message 7 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: arifnkhan

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Not an option with Dynamic Blocks. 3D certainly not.

The current Array Command in AutoCAD is a psuedo Dynamic Command and should do what you seek without needing a Dynamic Block.

I would suggest you work with the Array Command to do this. What is your CAD version?

Message 8 of 8
arifnkhan
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you very much, Charles, for taking the time to answer my question. I am sorry I couldn't reply immediately as I had some urgent work on had and couldn't attend to my mail.

My AutoCAD version is 2013.

I had wanted to make a block that could be moved and rotated to fit with the geometry in the drawing, and then be expanded as a polar array as per requirement. But, I could not find a way of achieving this.

I Creating the dynamic block I was trying the following steps—

1. Draw the object.
  2. Initiate creation of the block.
  3. Set a Base Point parameter.
  4. Set Rotation parameter to the Object.
  5. Set an Array parameter. 
  6. Assign Move action to Base Point parameter selecting the Object with it.
  7. Assign Rotation action to the Object.
  8. Assign Array action to the Object.
  9. Save the block.

All these do not work together. So, I am reduced to making a 2D dymamic block with only rectangular Array action, and achieving rotation and moving of the array in model space with the tools on the Home tab.

Am I doing something wrong?

Arif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services