Did you mean: 

¿Multiple Visibility Parameters?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
EgoTeAbsolvo
2040 Views, 23 Replies

¿Multiple Visibility Parameters?

Good evening, that is my question:

I have created a block with 3 different elements (A B C). This 3 elements are totally independents and they can be visible or invisible. Whit only one visibility parameters, there are 7 different visibility states:

xxC, xBx, xBC, Axx, AxC, ABx, ABC

If there are 4 or more elements there are too much possibilities.

I've tried to create 3 visibility parameters, but it's not possible.

¿How can i create independent visibility states for each different object in a block?

Thanx.
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
coryv
in reply to: EgoTeAbsolvo

Are you using Vanilla Cad or ADT? Can be done in ADT. Can you post a drawing with your block
Message 3 of 24
EgoTeAbsolvo

AutoCAD 2006
Message 4 of 24
whdjr

There are ways to use Vis states in conjunction with Lookups. Can you post your block so we can investigate further?
Message 5 of 24
EgoTeAbsolvo

Good evening,

In order to illustrate my question i've attached a Dynamic Block Example.

This Block has 3 different parameters (A B C) with 3 states each one. There are 27 different combinations.

With only one visibility parameter we need 27 different states!!! Only with 3 parameters!!!
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous

you could try nesting them. Three separate dynamic blocks with visibility. I have a tool that handles nested dynamic blocks

http://www.cadenhancement.com

pat
Message 7 of 24
EgoTeAbsolvo

If we have X parameters with Y states, we will need Y^X different visibility states.
Message 8 of 24
coryv

Dam slow internet you bet me pat lol, was going to suggest seperating them into three 3 blocks or something more managable
Message 9 of 24
coryv

It is possible to use lookups as whdjr suggested. I would use one to control each set e.g. Lookup 1 = A1,A2,A3 Lookup 2 B1,B2,B3 Lookup 3 C1,C2,C3
Message 10 of 24
Anonymous

Something like this?
I didn't create it, and I don't remember which forum I found it on.
I haven't been able to figure out how to set this up, but could also make
use of it.
If you find out how to do this, let us know too.
Thanks,
Earl

wrote in message news:5539171@discussion.autodesk.com...
Good evening, that is my question:

I have created a block with 3 different elements (A B C). This 3 elements
are totally independents and they can be visible or invisible. Whit only one
visibility parameters, there are 7 different visibility states:

xxC, xBx, xBC, Axx, AxC, ABx, ABC

If there are 4 or more elements there are too much possibilities.

I've tried to create 3 visibility parameters, but it's not possible.

¿How can i create independent visibility states for each different object in
a block?

Thanx.
Message 11 of 24
dbauman2002

this is a possibility for EgoTeAbsolvo . the person that created this arrow block had to put a lot of thought into the lookups and what visibilities they wear in. EgoTeAbsolvo's block is on the right track for using this method but he will end up creating the same number of lookups as possible combinations and then putting them in the right visibilities states. Once this is done it will function very similar to having multiple visibilities but what a lot of work.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous

Hey, I remember making that one... I've made several like this one for
myself and for others, but I think that Ego's is going to be pretty tough.
I'll see if I can get him started, though.

Thomas
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous

Ego,

Try this block and see if it is what you are after.

Thomas
Message 14 of 24
DADraper

would you please explain the flow of lookups in this block. there are alot of post on this topic but none explain how this goes together.

Thanks Devin
autodesk civil 3D 2007 certified user
Message 15 of 24
coryv

You could also achieve the same result without using the vis states but using linear parameters and scales 😉
Message 16 of 24
DADraper

Not if the changes you want are not a scale factor or stretch, but a thickening or completely different block. I will post it here when it is done.

Devin
Message 17 of 24
coryv

I was referring to Thomas's block
Message 18 of 24
curlyriff

Hi there, i know this is an old topic but i have got a title block that I've been working on for the last day and its my first dynamic block, i was wanting to use visibility states for client, scale bar, company logo and drawing status.

I have managed to get it work for clients logos, but i noticed that you can only set up one vis state and i have looked at Thomas's block example but am unsure on how he has made this work with all the different look up parameters to the single vis parameter. all the individual texts and blocks are within the dynamic block and that is as far as i can understand.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

Adam
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous

Can you explain a bit more as to what the block should do and is not?

--
Joe

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E.
Civil 3D 2008
LDT 2008
Win XP pro
v 2002, sp 2
hp workstation xw4100
*****************************************************************************************
In memory of the King of Work-arounds
"The only Constant is Change".

"The only thing worse than training your staff, and having them leave is -
not training your staff, and having them stay." 😮
A reminder taken from Graphics Solution Providers' Calendar page
*****************************************************************************************
wrote in message news:5955627@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi there, i know this is an old topic but i have got a title block that I've
been working on for the last day and its my first dynamic block, i was
wanting to use visibility states for client, scale bar, company logo and
drawing status.

I have managed to get it work for clients logos, but i noticed that you can
only set up one vis state and i have looked at Thomas's block example but am
unsure on how he has made this work with all the different look up
parameters to the single vis
parameter. all the individual texts and blocks are within the dynamic block
and that is as far as i can understand.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

Adam
Message 20 of 24
curlyriff

I have created a Vis parameter to change between each individual Client logo rather than having to copy and paste the logos from an external source each time we set up a title block.

I would like to be able to pick from a drop down list, the scale bars separately so that i can choose either 1:100, 1:50, 1:20 etc.... as an independent of the rest of the block.

If i could get this to apply to the scale bar then the same could be used to change Company logo and the status of the drawing as well within the block.

From what I have seen Thomas created a large amounts of lookup fields separate to the one Vis parameter, which then allowed each individual parts of the DWG to be selected via the drop down menus.

Although I understand the basics of this concept, I have not managed to grasp how he has used the look ups for each table to allow for the Vis parameter to manipulate each individual aspect of the block. I have tried to create a look up for each part and then select the Vis parameter in accordance to what should be seen, i.e.

1. Client Logo - Leadbitter, Carters, Cooper Construction, Pye, Inspace
2. Status of Job - Preliminary, Subject to technical, Building Regs, For Construction, As Constructed
3. Scale Bar – 1:10, 1:20, 1:50, 1:100, 1:200, 1:500
4. Company Logo – Gemmabds or Passenger & Peachy

All of these would need to be independent Lookups which then relate back to the one Vis parameter but when selecting say Carters as a logo then it also shows the Preliminary and 1:100 bar at same time

I would then try to select the scale bar but that would bring up the Inspace logo at same time. So you then have multiple Clients and Scale bars shown at once, I think this has something to do with having an ordering system of some type so that I can select each independent of one another.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Sorry if this is a bit jumbled or hard to understand, its difficult to explain how things work when you don’t understand the full concept of what you want from the dynamic block being created 😉

Adam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services