Did you mean: 

Multiple items on clipboard in Autocad 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kevinb
1208 Views, 6 Replies

Multiple items on clipboard in Autocad 2013

hi,

is there any way that Autocad can have multiple items placed on the clipboard for insertion use like the Microsoft Office Word programme has (up to 24 inputs). This would be a good feature to allow going to one file, copying what you need and then switching to your current drawing file and placing them as needed

regards

kevin brennan

food service design australia

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: kevinb

Not really sure I understood that question right...

If you mean adding multiple clipboard objects from different drawings and then pasting them into one, no it can't be done.

If you mean copying Multiple objects from one file to another, yes. Basic select, copy and paste.

If you mean that you want to "save" multiple objects in a clipboard and select which ones to paste into a certain drawing then no, there is no such feature in Autocad yet. 

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 7
rapidcad
in reply to: kevinb

Hmm, don't know if this will work in AutoCAD 2013, but I think you should look into it. If I recall correctly, this plug-in did exactly what you are asking about. For some reason, I haven't run it in a few years. Maybe it was not updated to run in newer versions, I just don't remember. Have a look. 

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/clipboard_manager/

Enjoy, Ron

ADN CAD Developer/Operator
Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: rapidcad

Being the nervous nelly here:

Item 2.4 in the EULA states that Autodesk can electranically watermark the download and any subsequent drawing it is used on.

I'm wondering if this is akin to the Student Version mark or just a background signature.

What did you see when using it prior rapidcad?

Message 5 of 7
rapidcad
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hey Charles, I never saw that in the shrink wrap, but could you immagine the outcry that would cause, and the wet blanket that would throw on anyone ever trying an Autodesk Labs plug-in? I know I used it several years ago and never ran into hte edu-stamp. 

I'm sure it is safe. If not, I'm here at AU, I can thump Scott Shepard's head for him! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: rapidcad

It did not read like it would infect all the files that it touched.

More like a big-brother kind of thing but that is expected of beta type programs.

Message 7 of 7
rapidcad
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I went through and installed it on 2013 and 2011, but it only works on 2011 (probably 2012 too). The .net build likely needs updating in order for it to work on 2013.

It still works nicely for earlier versions though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services