Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Entities

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
259 Views, 5 Replies

Missing Entities

The attached drawing contains a dynamic block called "door-elev". When the block is exploded most of the entities disappear. They are not on a frozen or turned off layer. I assume the problem is somehow related to the multiple visibility states, but I have other similar blocks that work fine. The obvious solution is to not explode the blocks, but in some rare cases we need to. Does anybody know what might be causing the entities to disappear after the block is exploded?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not positive but I do have one question. Did you create the lines on layer door-side-ns that are disapearing inside the block editor? If so they may be disapearing becuase they were not actually an entity outside the block.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

If I draw a line on the door-side-ns layer prior to exploding the block the entities still disappear.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It looks like the problem is caused by the fact that these entities are
drawn on a closed polyline.

Explode the polylines and then add the regular lines to your stretch
paramaters like this:

mbeli wrote:
> The attached drawing contains a dynamic block called "door-elev". When the block is exploded most of the entities disappear. They are not on a frozen or turned off layer. I assume the problem is somehow related to the multiple visibility states, but I have other similar blocks that work fine. The obvious solution is to not explode the blocks, but in some rare cases we need to. Does anybody know what might be causing the entities to disappear after the block is exploded?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks. I noticed that the door perimeter entities remain if I convert them to lines, but the hinge (right side) and latch holes also disappear. The hinge holes on the right are just circles.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Very odd. This must be some kind of bug. You may be able to fix the
circles by using 2 arcs instead, but the knobs that you have created
with a pline width arent as simple. Maybe try using a solid fill hatch
instead of the pline and see how that does...

mbeli wrote:
> Thanks. I noticed that the door perimeter entities remain if I convert them to lines, but the hinge (right side) and latch holes also disappear. The hinge holes on the right are just circles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services