Did you mean: 

mirror blocks with text, attributes etc

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kadmonkee8
5041 Views, 10 Replies

mirror blocks with text, attributes etc

we have many dynamic blocks , some use attributes, some use mtext in their respective visibility state.

when mirrored the text mirrors, how do i fix this (I do not want the text to mirror.)

thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: kadmonkee8

The easiest solution is to set the mirrtext system variable to 0.

If you MUST have mirrtext set to 1 for some reason, you can add a chained gripless point move to the text and mirror the point move and NOT the text.  See attached.  

Message 3 of 11
kadmonkee8
in reply to: Libbya

thank you for your reply

i tested the method suggested, i may be missing something to get it to work correctly

i have attached a file which contains a dynamic blocks with visiblity states each with a different text value and alignment and rotate parameters.

can i apply the point move parameter to all visiblity states or do they need to be assigned to the individual visibility state?

thank you

Message 4 of 11
ojuris

You can attach 1 point parameter to all visibility states

Same You can do with rotate parameter ( I left only one)

Message 5 of 11
kadmonkee8
in reply to: ojuris

thank you Ojuris for the example

however this does not solve my dilema.

when the user, uses the mirror command on the dynamic block, the flip action does not place the text back to right reading.

Message 6 of 11
Libbya

I didn't understand your original issue.  Text within a block will mirror when the block is mirrored.  No way around that.  Non-constant attributes will stay oriented correctly when mirrored.  I would change the text to attributes.  Unfortunately I don't have a solution for preventing users from editing the attributes 

Message 7 of 11
kadmonkee8

that was the trick thank you

i can set the attributes to preset and locked and associate each value to the visibility state.

which should minimize the user from having to edit attributes

thanks again for your help

Message 8 of 11
CPerezBHM

Making the text into an attribute works well for the block within the dwg, but when I XREF a dwg that contains blocks with attributes into another dwg the attribute mirrors backwards still...is there a way to solve that problem?

Message 9 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: CPerezBHM

What is the MIRRTEXT sys variable set to in the file that contains the x-ref?

Message 10 of 11
CPerezBHM

In the block itself MIRRTEXT = 0

In the dwg the block is inserted int MIRRTEXT = 0

In the XREFed dwg MIRRTEXT = 0

Message 11 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: CPerezBHM

I assume that the x-ref'd drawing and the drawing the block is inserted into are the same file.

What is the mirrtext sys variable for the file into which the file containing the block is x-ref'd?

If that is 0 then please post both the file with containing the block and file into which it is x-ref'd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services