Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock position Attributes vs Point-move

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
AcadAdamLT
896 Views, 0 Replies

Lock position Attributes vs Point-move

Just had a bit of a discovery which annoyed me to hell.

For my drawings I use dynamic blocks, in them I have an editable attribute in which you can type anything you wish that is relevant to the specific block. That attribute is set to lockposition: NO since it is required to be able to move in the drawing as I please.

Lately my colleague used these blocks in a drawing for a project, about 500~ blocks all using this attribute had been placed on the drawing and the attribute had been moved around for each block to better fit the surroundings.

Yesterday I did a change to one of the attributes in a block generously used in the drawing, after it required an attsync but after all the attributes had moved back to there original position which means that my colleague had to reposition all the attributes again.

Is it only me that finds this a problem that you can't attsync without ruining the positioning?

I'm now changing all the attributes to locked position YES and instead adding a move-point parameter so that I can attsync my blocks without the attributes returning to there original position.

Feel free to discuss..

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services