Did you mean: 

Link Move Action to Visibility Parameter

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Bill.Schmid
3360 Views, 16 Replies

Link Move Action to Visibility Parameter

I've got a block with 2 lines of text, the second line being optional.  If the second line is omitted, the first line should be moved down, so it's centered.

I can handle the second line being omitted with a visibilty parameter.  And I can handle the first line being moved down with a move parameter.  But how can I link the two?

Ideally, I'd be able to re-use the line 1 attribute and display it in whichever place was correct, but that doesn't seem to be possible.  I'd also rather not use a multi-line attribute as it's very cumbersome to edit.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
steven-g
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Something like-----

Message 3 of 17
Yorx57

I think this one might be close to what you want - however, the one big down fall is that you will have to edit the attribute(s) text within the block editor.  Note:  the Line 1 attribute text may be changed in either visibility state, it does NOT have to be changed in both.

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 17
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: steven-g

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  The admin moved my post and, I think, in doing so made it so I didn't get any e-mail when someone replies.  I happened to see the admin message and tracked it down.

Anyway...

Steve, yes, that's the action I'm trying to achieve, only with attributes, not just lines of text.  Although if I can figure out how to use the lookup parameter, it should work for the attributes, as well.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 17
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: Yorx57

Yorx57,

Thanks.  It looks like your solution may work, too.

Message 6 of 17
ojuris

One more solution

Juris

Message 7 of 17
steven-g
in reply to: ojuris

How did you manage to get 2 lookup actions, but only 1 parameter ?

Message 8 of 17
ojuris
Message 9 of 17
steven-g

I tried that, I added a second action, click ok, click on the lookup set, but still only comes up with 1 action. I must be missing something.

Message 10 of 17
ojuris

Look at properties of this Lookup set (at authoring palette)

There You must see, that it have 2 lookup actions. If that, then it must working - adding 2 lookup actions to 1 parameter

Juris

Message 11 of 17
steven-g

The properties are set for the block editor and not per drawing, so I can add 10 actions but the setting remains at 10 whichever drawing I have open. The problem is when I select the Lookup Set it still only creates one parameter and one action. It may well be a feature that is not supported in Autocad LT.

Message 12 of 17
Charles_Shade

You have to create the Double Lookup Set.

Don't use the OOTB one.

-Create Dbl Lookup Set
Open the Block Properties Palette, Go to the Parameter Sets tab, Right click the Lookup Set icon, Copy / Paste then Rename (Lookup Set Double; or whatever), Right click this new Parameter set, Properties, Actions (at the bottom), Click the bar, Click the …   , Add Action object Lookup, Ok, Ok, drag and drop as needed. This can be done with any Parameter/Action you want.

And it does work in LT

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 13 of 17
steven-g
in reply to: Charles_Shade

And it does work in LT

Oh no it doesn't Smiley Very Happy

Did all that, I add the second action in the properties, I can go back into properties later and the second action is stll listed. But I still only get the one action (I even tried dragging the icon).

Funny thing is if I do several attempts the Lookup Parameters are labeled Lookup1,Lookup2 ...3 etc,but the associated actions are labeled Lookup1, Lookup4, Lookup7. So if it is creating the second action it's hiding it somewhere (and picking 'show all actions'' changes nothing)

Message 14 of 17
ojuris

Switch    Bactionbarmode  to    0

Message 15 of 17
Charles_Shade

Set your BACTIONBARMODE to Zero please and not One.

'Cause it does work in LT.

Just did such in LT 2013

Message 16 of 17
steven-g
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Now why didn't I think of that !!!

Thankyou both Ojuris and Charles.

Message 17 of 17
Charles_Shade

@steven-g wrote:

Now why didn't I think of that !!!

What? Miss a seldom (if ever) used obscure Variable that almost no one has ever heard of?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services