Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear movement problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Spiritshifterus
343 Views, 5 Replies

Linear movement problem

Good afternoon, all. I am being seriously bugged by what should be the simplest of dynamic block tasks to perform. Therefore, I come to this board once again for expert help.

I have a block that is a circle, with an TL-justified attribute on the right side. In one case of the block (which I plan to affect via Block Property table), I want the attribute to be horizontally centered with the circle. In another case, I need the same attribute moved 3/32" below center. I prefer to be assured that the attribute's movement be restricted to the centered position (which would be 0" distance movement) and the lower 3/32" position.

I have tried several times with a Move Action linked to a vertical Linear Parameter, set to Increment of 3/32" and multiples of that, and it still keeps failing to move the attribute into the locations that I need it to be in. I also need this problem fixed before I begin setting up my multiple visibility parameters and my Block Property table.

The most likely case for inserting the block will have the attribute in the lower position.

What the bleep is going on? Someone please help. Thanks in advance.

Chris Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Message 3 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: Spiritshifterus

It's metric, but something like this

Message 4 of 6

Dear Mr. Gray,

Thank you for your help, but I was unable to open your block. Your file is from a newer AutoCAD version than I use.

For both of you gentlemen, I have attached a test version of my block. You will see a line on the right side of the circle, with a Z# attribute beneath it. There will be times when this line (horizontally centered with the circle) will vanish through multiple visibility states. When it is gone, I would like the Z# to be horizontally centered in its place.

Thank you both, Mr. Shade and Mr. Gray, for your help. I apologize that I was unable to do anything more for you until today.

To all visitors to this board, please feel free to help also. Thank you all.

Chris Martin

Message 5 of 6

Dear gentlemen,

Today, I was able to solve this problem. I went back and reconstructed my block from scratch, and added nothing else to it until I got the Z attribute to move properly. It took quite some work, I tell you. Guess I'm not fully grasping how each parameter truly works yet.

Thank you to all who tried to solve this for me.

Chris Martin

Message 6 of 6

Sometimes bad things happen to good Blocks.

We've all been there. Glad you got it sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services