Did you mean: 

Linear move question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mike_napoli
1653 Views, 5 Replies

Linear move question

Good afternoon.  This is probably a simple answer to most.  I'm still learning dynamic blocks and the intricacies with them.

I am trying to create a linear movement of a line.  I have a line that I want to start out in position 0.  White line even with red line.  I want to move it between 0 and 5 (even with green line) in 1 unit increments.  I can get it to move between 0 and 4, but it won't go to 5.  Why not?

I can cheat and say between 0 and 6 and it will get me to 5 (the green line), but that shouldn't be the way this works.  Am I wrong? 

Sample attached

Thanks

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jarredmonday
in reply to: mike_napoli

There are two ways you can achieve this:

1) Select your Distance 2 parameter and in the properties window and Delete the number in the Distance Maximum box. This will make the the distance maximum infinite. (Delete it, do not change it to 0)

2) Adjust the Distance 2 parameter length the entire distance of 0 - 5. (green line and red line) and in the properties of parameter incriments keep it at 1.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 6
mike_napoli
in reply to: jarredmonday

If I do this, then I'm not constrained at at 0 and 5.  I can go down an infinite amount and up 5.  This is not what I am looking for.  I need the constraints 0 up and 5 down. Smiley Frustrated

I've attached a screen shot of my properties and let me know if I did it correctly.

Message 4 of 6
AcadAdamLT

You can cheat Autocad to count 0-5 but in reality a distance parameter can never have default value of 0, the value most be positive.

1-6 is the right way to go.

Attached is a linear parameter with default value 0.00001 increments by 1 up to 5.00001

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 5 of 6
mike_napoli
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

The attachment wasn't a block.  But I understand.  It is a little counter intuitive, but I'll have to live with it.  Thanks

Message 6 of 6
AcadAdamLT

If you type bedit and select current drawing it is a block.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services