Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit a stretch or move, but with a variable value ?? possible ??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RobinGins
889 Views, 2 Replies

Limit a stretch or move, but with a variable value ?? possible ??

Hi all,

I would like to find a way to give a maximum and minimum length to a stretch (or move) but without absolute values.

simplified example of my block:

I have 2 squares, of which one big on, and a smaller one within the bigger one. I want to be able to stretch both squared indefinatly (no problem there), but the big square may never become smaller than the small one, and the small one may never become bigger than the big one...

In other words: the inside square should always stay inside the bigger one, no matter the size of the squares.

The problem with this block is that I have a hatch pattern between the squares, and as soon as i stretch the small square outside (or equal) to the big square... the hatch pattern 'crashes'.

Please Help!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Charles_Shade
in reply to: RobinGins

How would you propose the Variable to know that you needed to abandon the Stretch Action at some point that approached the maximum size of the adjacent square?

I'll ask because I do not know - Does Lisp have an if/then cability?

And are you in something other than LT that can use Lisp?

As far as the Hatch crashing - Is the Hatch included in any of the Actions in the DynBlk?

Message 3 of 3
REID7800
in reply to: Charles_Shade

You can controll this with a reactor (lisp) but reactors can be tricky. I'll make one and you can decide if it's right for you. I'm away from autocad so you'll have to test it for me. I'll get back to you later today

_____

Reid B.
_____
Acad 2015
Architecture 2010

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services