Did you mean: 

Keep stretch grip associated with endpoint

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
ryled
1169 Views, 12 Replies

Keep stretch grip associated with endpoint

I tried to find something on the forums but had no luck so I apologize if this has been covered.

I am attempting to create a matchline/breakline block with labels.  I can get everything to act as I would like which is scaling the break (zigzag) size and stretching the endlines while keeping the text centered, along with flipping the side of the text.  The blocks acts how I would like excecpt I cannot get the linear stretch endpoint to stay associated with the endpoint of matchline.  When I scale the break is when the stretch grip does not stay associated with the endpoint.  I have attached a copy of drawing, and it is the block "Matchline - Model."  When testing the block scale the break and you should see what I am talking about. 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Libbya
in reply to: ryled

Here's how I'd do it.

Message 3 of 13
ryled
in reply to: Libbya

Libbya,

Thank you.  This is what I was going for but I was making it more complicated then it needed to be.  Now say I wanted to have the Flip Matchline button remain in line with with the top matchline text.  Would I just add it as a selection object for each stretch action that has that matchline text selected?

Message 4 of 13
Libbya
in reply to: ryled

Yup.  There are two stretches that it would need to be added to.  One is associated with the small linear parameter and the other is associated with the large one.  

Message 5 of 13
ojuris

If I can propose I would like to replace strectch actions for text with moving action In this case You can simple attach flip parameter to moving actions and do not need additional strech actions
Message 6 of 13
Libbya
in reply to: ojuris

Yup, good point Ojuris.

Message 7 of 13
hapeft

Hello,

I have the same problem.  However, when I looked at your drawing, I found that I could not duplicate your results.
How did you get it to stretch both ends at the same time? 

Message 8 of 13
Libbya
in reply to: hapeft

Base location for the Distance2 parameter is set to midpoint. 

Message 9 of 13
hapeft

okay . .  I had already done the same thing.  The problem, then, comes into play when I add a move action to the entire set,

allowing the block to stretch both directions while moving one direction, thus keeping one corner stationary.

I've tried adding an additional move to the grip, but that doesn't work.  I've tried adding an additional stretch to the grip,

but that doesn't work either.

Just a moment, let me find a suitable attachment.

Okay . . . one other thing.  While I did use the midpoint, I noticed that you did not use a different multiplier.

Perhaps I did not read correctly or use a basepoint correctly?

Message 10 of 13
Libbya
in reply to: hapeft

It might be better to start your own thread with a good description of what you want, example block attached, etc...

If you are trying to pull one side of the block with the other side stationary and the line in the middle remaining in the middle, then change the parameter base location back to Startpoint, add a stretch action to the side you want to stretch and add a second stretch or move with distance multiplier of 1/2 to the middle line.  See attached.

Message 11 of 13
hapeft

Thank you. I'll work on something to present.
Message 12 of 13
m_akbar4all

this is for me but didn't resolve my problem, i will appreciate if any one can resolve this problem, block file is attached.

Message 13 of 13
Libbya
in reply to: m_akbar4all

I looked at your block.  The center of the panels does not stay centered.  Message 10 in this thread describes how to fix that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services