Did you mean: 

Intelligent Attributes Within Block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
claycalhoun
895 Views, 4 Replies

Intelligent Attributes Within Block

Hello, I want to create an intelligent block with 2 attributes. One of the attributes will be used to express a breaker size (a set value such as 100A). I want the second attribute to automatically populate a non-calculated value (such as 1, 2, 3..Etc.) based on what I enter for the breaker size. The purpose is for second attribute to represent a number on a schedule of feeder sizes. I was able to do this using multi-view blocks by following this video instruction made for me by Autodesk support, but I do not like that in order to edit the breaker size I have to go into the extended data properties. I would like to be able to edit the breaker size attribute by double-clicking on the attribute like in normal blocks. Attached is a drawing with a working multi-view block that I created which follows the video's example. The only difference is mine applies to "block references" instead of "schematic symbols". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sy88
in reply to: claycalhoun

The second Attribute is relevant to the breaker size? So 100A will have a tag of 6, and 80A will have a tag of 4, etc..?

Message 3 of 5
ojuris
in reply to: claycalhoun

hi!

Try to use block properties table - may be it`s OK for You

Juris

P.S.

what is the problem with .dwg files? I can`t attach anymore 😞

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ojuris

The DWG attachment problem has been with us for about two months. Some had it happen later. Not sure when it will be fixed but the host of the Forums is working on it.

Message 5 of 5
claycalhoun
in reply to: ojuris

Thank you @ojuris. I like using the block properties better than the multi-view blocks for what I am trying to accomplish. I appreciate the attached file also! Splendid solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services