Insert dynamic blocks and change user defined parameters from excel-text file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gbrynes
719 Views, 2 Replies

Insert dynamic blocks and change user defined parameters from excel-text file

Hi

Im not even sure if this is possible.

But I was wondering if it is possible to contol the insertion of dynamic blocks and it user definerable parameters from a excel-text file.

I am surveying a section of pipework and I need to display the brackets that are supporting the pipes. As there are numerous pipes on top of each other I have decided to show the brackets in plan and isometric view.

I think I have made the dynamic block ok and have numerous stretch/move and scale parameters working correctly.

But the only way that I can see of chaging these parameters at the momment is by manually typing them in the properties tool pallete for each individual block.

So I was thinking that if I can store the correct values that I need for each parameter in the dynamic block on our data logger along with the correct E,N,Z insertion point is it possible for this file to change the parameters in the dynamic block for example, If I have the correct insertion point stored and then have 10 parameters stored with that point for simplicity I store as A=5.00,B=8.00,C=0.100 etc and these correspond with the parameters in the dynamic block will this file be able to alter the  dynamic block as the values in the excel/Text file are displayed.

If anyone knows if this is possible then your help would be much appreciated

Gareth

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
truss_85
in reply to: gbrynes

It is possible via customization methods like lisp, vba or .net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services