Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with door block

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Grigs
222 Views, 6 Replies

Help with door block

For some reason the scaling of the door arc doesn't quite work. Can someone look at it and give me insight on what's wrong?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cnibbe
in reply to: Grigs

click on your ScaleArc action, and in the properties dialog box, change base point type from 'Dependant' to independent adn then make the base point the center of the arc.... right now, it is dependant on your parameter, which isn't the arc's center.
Message 3 of 7
Grigs

Thanks. That worked. Now I just have to redo all the other actions so they follow.
Message 4 of 7
Grigs

A new issue has cropped up. Whenever I flip the door, the stretch grip moves oddly.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Try including a new "Stretch" or "Move" action that includes your "Flip"
parameters.

The new action will use the "Distance1" parameter and will need to have
the "Distance Multiplier" set to .5

Grigs wrote:
> A new issue has cropped up. Whenever I flip the door, the stretch grip moves oddly.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Did you ever get this to work, and if so, can I get a copy of the block in
2006 format?

Thanks!
Chuck

wrote in message news:5168025@discussion.autodesk.com...
A new issue has cropped up. Whenever I flip the door, the stretch grip
moves oddly.
Message 7 of 7
Randy Pohle

I assume that the "stretch grip moves oddly" resulted from flipping which way the door swings open (left/right) and the odd movement was that the grip moved from where the arc joins the door jam (desired location) to a lower point.

I figured out how to fix it, I don't know exactly why, but the problem had to do with the end points of the distance parameter being at one y value and the stretch grip being at another y value.

By moving the end points of the distance parameter up to the horizontal line where the base point and the stretch grip are located, it fixed the problem.

Randy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services