Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Symmetric

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
TomHault
700 Views, 11 Replies

Help! Symmetric

I am trying to create my own bolt Dynamic Block and it seems that when I make the edges move out the vertical lines connecting them do not stretch. I would appreciate any help that you guys could give me.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: TomHault

Message 3 of 12
TomHault

Let me know if that doesn't work. The problem I am having now is keep the head centered on the bolt
Message 4 of 12
Charles_Shade

See what this does for you.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 12
TomHault

What did you do? I can't actually look at the file right now due to the fact that I am at my second job so it might make a little more sense when I do but I just wanted to ask. Edited by: TomHault on Jan 7, 2010 11:23 PM
Message 6 of 12
Charles_Shade

Basically set the Paramaters to Midpoint instead of Startpoint. This will work well using the Lookup Table as you had started.
Although I am not quite sure why the Bolt 1 keeps defaulting to Custom.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 7 of 12
TomHault

That's weird because I tried doing that and it didn't work. I also was wondering if that was normal for the first item in the Lookup Table defaulted to custom. Also if I were to add lines into the bolt head do you think they will scale with the rest of it?
Message 8 of 12
Charles_Shade

I removed the scaling from the bolt head and just have a linear parameter. Does it need to scale? I guess I am asking does the ratio of the width of the head relate to the thickness and therefore scaling it makes more sense.
If so then using the scale would most likely work based on the MAJ D Parameter (that's down at the thread end and I named it for clarity) and a multiplier to drive this.
I do not know enough about the bolt and what you need to achieve to offer better solutions. And you are right it will be easier when you can converse with the DB open in the BE.
Yes, we can add additional geometry to the Actions.
Lookup tables generally default to custom when something is not quite right with static geometry you are assigning the Parameters to.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 9 of 12
TomHault

Hey man sorry I forgot to tell you that I'm using AutoCAD 06 so I can't open your file.
Message 10 of 12
Charles_Shade

Try this
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 11 of 12
TomHault

Thanks so much man. Oh and they only reason I was trying to scale the bolt head was because in the original autoCAD bolt DM that is what they did.....Thanks again man.
Message 12 of 12
Charles_Shade

You're welcome.
Regards, Charles Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services