Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 11 of 15 (63 Views)

Re: Got a quick block question

11-30-2012 06:19 AM in reply to: Spiritshifterus

I have not looked at the posted block as I am running out but you seem to have quite a number of options that you would like but then want the Dyn Blk to be simple in design.

I think these two options are incongruous.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Contributor
Spiritshifterus
Message 12 of 15 (60 Views)

11-30-2012 06:32 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Mr. Shade, you would be exactly right about the two being incongruous. Then again, it would help if I properly read over the responses, and not try to deal in so much absolutes. You said infinitessimally small, which my mind forced me to equate to be 0 only. My bad! I then tweaked the line to be infinitessimally small, making it only 0.00001 units long. Then I recalibrated the Stretch action, and that was it!

Attached below is my new block. Mr. Shade, Ojuris, I thank you both.

Chris Martin

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 13 of 15 (57 Views)

11-30-2012 07:12 AM in reply to: Spiritshifterus

That is tight.

I was thinking .001 but then I'm not a small thinker. :smileyvery-happy:

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Mentor
ojuris
Message 14 of 15 (54 Views)

11-30-2012 07:34 AM in reply to: Spiritshifterus

hi

look at this version

Juris

Valued Contributor
Spiritshifterus
Message 15 of 15 (49 Views)

11-30-2012 09:18 AM in reply to: ojuris

Dear Juris,

That is again an impressive block. It proves there are more than one ways to solve problems (sorry, I'm a cat person, and don't like skinning cats  :smileywink:  ). The only thing about it for me, is that the default insertion mode of the block is for a two-pole breaker. Not bad, no, but my preference is to keep the default insert mode to single-pole breaker. Also, when a dynamic block is changed from its default insertion mode, AutoCAD makes it an anonymous block, with a secondary name. This adds kilobytes of data to the files that the blocks are used in, I have discovered. So, I draw blocks so their insertion mode is the most common mode of the block.

Again, well done with your block, and please feel no offense. I shall give your post a kudo for your effort, with which I am impressed.

Chris Martin

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!