Did you mean: 

Getting parameter value from attribute

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mmataheru
1445 Views, 4 Replies

Getting parameter value from attribute

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this one. I've already spend to much time looking for an easy answer (read: no lisp, since I'm not really familiar with them). Basicly what I need is this: I need a rectangle block which on insertion prompts me for some data (name/tag/item number) and then displays it (this I can do). This is al pretty straightforward. But I also want to be able to fill in width and height and then have the block stretch to the correct size. So basicly what I think I need is to have the value of a parameter refer to the value of an attribute. I've gotten it to work the otherway around, where the attribute displays de size of one side of the rectangle (after stretching and regenerating), but I'd really like to have it working the other way. I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Marcel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
truss_85
in reply to: mmataheru

Sorry this can not be done.

Because of a parameter or action do not alllow to insert field.

I tried it for a long time but it does not work.

I need it desperatly, but it can not.

I think for your problem, even if you export the block att it work fine.

You need to change custom parameter value and regen for changing att value.

Why you need to work reverse? or Am I missing something?

I do not understand it is a must for your problem.

If it is a must that I did not understand what the must is,

You must use vba or lisp.

Message 3 of 5
mmataheru
in reply to: truss_85

The reason I need this, is I'm making a drawing for moving some equipment. So to see if it fits etc. I've got some data of this equipment (size, name, machinenumber etc.) and I'd like to load the block, just fill in the attributes (including size). And then have blocks of the right size displaying the correct data. Since I have to make a bunch of these blocks I'm trying to limit the amount of steps it takes to finish the block.

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

You could set up the several on a Tool Palette with the common sizes provided there to drag and drop.

Although to me typing in a size at the front end or dragging the DynBlk on the back end is time either at the front or the end. No savings either way.

You state that you have to make a bunch of these blocks. Do you mean you need to manipulate one block many times for your use?

Message 5 of 5
truss_85

It is posiblle to send your block.

I see what I can do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services