Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

geometry won't change when using PROPERTIES dialogue box

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RChalmers2
808 Views, 4 Replies

geometry won't change when using PROPERTIES dialogue box

Attached is a block of a side view of a mortise and tenon.  It has two dimensions, length and depth, which adjust nicely with the little blue grippy arrows (don't know what those are called).  However, when changing the dimensions in the PROPERTIES dialogue box only the Length dimension changes.  If I try to change the depth using PROPERTIES nothing happens. Why?  I would to input values in the PROPERTIES dialogue  box.

I'm new to blocks so I can't figure out why one works and one does not.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: RChalmers2

You have the startpoint of the Depth parameter at the grip that you want to move.  Changes in the properties keep the Startpoint constant and change the length of the parameter by stretching the end point.  To fix it, rotate your parameter 180 degrees, delete the current stretch and add another one that is associated with the end point instead of the start point.  It can be visually helpful to set the grip display to 1 if you are only using 1 grip.  That way if the grip you want to use disappears, you know that you have your parameter backwards.  It also helps with block editing in more complex blocks.

I attached your file in an unfixed state (learning happens best from doing), but with an additional stretch action added to the other end of that parameter so the grip shows up and you can see what is happening when you change the properties.

Message 3 of 5
RChalmers2
in reply to: Libbya

Helpful. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5
RChalmers2
in reply to: Libbya

How do I change the grip display?
Message 5 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: RChalmers2

You can select the parameter and either use the right-click menu or properties for the parameter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services