Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks

Contributor
sylvain_c
Message 1 of 2 (298 Views)
Accepted Solution

Flipping a Logo within a block, without mirroring it.

298 Views, 1 Replies
10-26-2011 11:30 AM

I'm trying to make a Dynamic Block for handicap parking spaces (attached).

I have a flip action so that I can switch the direction of the linear array.  The problem is when I flip the block, the handicap logo is mirrored (obviously....).

Is there a way to mirror just the location of the logo, instead of mirroring the location AND the logo?

Would it be possible to make a block with the handicap logo and lock the X scale value to 1 ?...

Any help would be appreciated... worst comes to worst, i'll remove the flip action and replace it with a rotate action.

Thanks.

G'day,

Please refer to attached DWG.

As you may notice there is a move command on the disabled symbol. When using the flip command instead of selecting the disabled symbol, select the move parameter instead. This will stop the symbol from mirroring.

Jason

Valued Contributor
jason.estas
Message 2 of 2 (290 Views)

Re: Flipping a Logo within a block, without mirroring it.

10-26-2011 03:16 PM in reply to: sylvain_c

G'day,

Please refer to attached DWG.

As you may notice there is a move command on the disabled symbol. When using the flip command instead of selecting the disabled symbol, select the move parameter instead. This will stop the symbol from mirroring.

Jason

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!