Did you mean: 

Flip not Flipping other Flip

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kkline116
1002 Views, 6 Replies

Flip not Flipping other Flip

Hello all,

Please take a look at the attached dynamic block.

I have two flips in there, one verticle, one horizontal. For some reason, whenever I tell it to flip, and then select everything in the block, it doesn't flip the other flip's arrow.

Then, when I created the second arrow, and went back to include the first flip in the second flip's Action Selection Set, it doesn't pick it up. Doesn't matter if I do "modify selection set" or "new selection set"... doesn't matter if I select everything within (blue box) or everything that touches (green box).

Yet, when I highlight the icon box, it shows everything is selected.

Can flips not flip other flips?

Additionally, I want the rotation parameter to flip on the horizontal flip (so it stays outside the block), but I can't get that into the selection either.

What am I missing with these selection parameters?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: kkline116

I've got a block that does just as you ask but I cannot for the life of me make yours do so.

Nor can I create a new block and have that do so.

What version of CAD are you on?

Message 3 of 7
ojuris

try this

Juris

Message 4 of 7
kkline116
in reply to: ojuris

I'm running 2013 LT.

Ojuris got it to work.... what did you do so I know for future?

Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ojuris

And what version of CAD are you on ojuris?

I did try including the Flip Action in each of the other Flip Action and it still did not do correctly.

This is how the previous block I made does what is asked. Both Flip Parameters are included in each Flip Action and one of the Flip Actions includes the other Flip Action but the same cannot be done the opposite way as this will introduce a circular reference that the BE will not allow to complete.

Message 6 of 7
ojuris

I move flip parameter (line) Flip Horiz  to right and Flip Vert up. Now center of that parameter lines and grip (arrow) is on the same axis - (look at block and You understand).

I work on 2012 cad

Regards

Juris

Message 7 of 7
monikamirosz201

I came here with the same problem almost 10 years later 🙂 (using AutoCAD 2022).
Not sure what ojuris exactly did, but his post inspired me to look into the flip lines, and I noticed one of them was crossing the other unlike in my other block where the two flips work perfectly! So I moved the horizontal line just so it didn't touch the vertical line, and that solved the problem! My block now flips correctly both ways 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services