Did you mean: 

Flip a dynamic block when inserting

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
eric.salazar
665 Views, 7 Replies

Flip a dynamic block when inserting

I've looked around the forums and haven't found any help regarding this particular issue. I've created a dynamic block with the flip parameter included. The flip parameter in the block works. What I was wondering is when I choose this block from the tool palette, is there a way to flip it before it is inserted?

I understand that there is an option to change the "flip state" in the tool palette properties for that block, however we have a quickly growing library of blocks, most of which have the option to be flipped. I'd rather not populate the tool palette any more than necessary by adding a non flipped block and a flipped block for the same block. I understand it may seem like a minor concern, but this would be a huge time saver vs inserting the block, flipping it, then possibly having to move it again.

Your help is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: eric.salazar

Once you click on the tool, you can change the flip state via the properties palette on a per block basis prior to each insertion.  IMO, though, it's just as easy to insert the block and then use the flip grip. 

Message 3 of 8
eric.salazar
in reply to: Libbya

I did mention that I was aware that there is an option to change the "flip state" in the tool palette.  I'd rather not populate the tool palette any more than necessary by adding a non flipped block and a flipped block for the same block. However as a timesaver, it would be beneficial to be able to flip it upon insertion VS inserting the block, flipping it, then possibly having to move it again.

Message 4 of 8
steven-g

Unfortunately, that isn't an option that is available, so you only have the choice of having either more instances in your toolpalette, or editing the blocks after they have been inserted, you could possibly get a solution using Lisp to insert your block but that would probably have to be on a block by block basis, and I would imagine that would be a lot of work as well to create and keep up to date.

Message 5 of 8
Libbya

"I did mention that I was aware that there is an option to change the "flip state" in the tool palette."

Yes, I saw that you said that, but I did not say 'TOOL palette'.  I said 'PROPERTIES palette'.  Once the tool is activated, the various dynamic parameters that are  set to 'show in properties' become accessible on the properties palette prior to each block insertion.  

Message 6 of 8
steven-g

WOA I had to reread that a few times before that sunk in! I never spotted that before, now that is useful information. CHEERS

Message 7 of 8
eric.salazar
in reply to: steven-g

*EDIT

See the Libbya's reply for the resolution!

"Thank you steven-g for your input. Looks like I'm limited to my choices here at the moment. I'll keep looking around to see if anything comes up. If so, I'll come back here and post my findings."

Message 8 of 8
eric.salazar

Hi Libbya, I re-read your post and I apologize for my mistake. You were talking about the properties and I was talking about the palette. Thank you soo much!!! I never thought to look in the properties while inserting the block but before actually chosing where to place it. Your rock!!! Problem SOLVED!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services