Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks

pzkmf
Message 1 of 6 (335 Views)

Fields within block attributes will not update

335 Views, 5 Replies
08-31-2012 01:47 AM

I have a couple of attributes suing fields within a block. But they don't update on opening. I need to do a manual field update to get them updated to the lastest values.

Tried various combinations of "fieldeval", but this was no good. Why would this be happening?

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 6 (327 Views)

Re: Fields within block attributes will not update

08-31-2012 05:02 AM in reply to: pzkmf

Could it be that you have checked Save as an option to update the Fields and since you always Save just before you Close (you do this, right?) the Fields are current when the drawing is Open?

If this is not the case then their is something wrong with the Field and not FIELDEVAL.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
pzkmf
Message 3 of 6 (324 Views)

08-31-2012 05:39 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have checked on all the options available within "Field Update Settings" to no avail. Tried different numbers on the "fieldeval" settings too, but still no good.

The fields update on using the "updatefield" command. I was wondering if i can add this command within the acaddoc.lsp routine. But not sure what the command needs to be, such that all objects within the drawing are updated.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 6 (302 Views)

09-04-2012 05:03 AM in reply to: pzkmf

Do the Attribs have the same Tag by chance?

Are the Attribs Locked in the Dynamic Block?

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Active Contributor
thawkeshnm
Message 5 of 6 (283 Views)

09-07-2012 12:01 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Which fields are these? I have recently had problems with some fields in a block not updating.

pzkmf
Message 6 of 6 (258 Views)

09-16-2012 07:49 AM in reply to: thawkeshnm

I had some LISP varialbew within these fileds, which would not update unless i used the FIELDUPDATE command. SInce then I'have started using USER keys within the LISP routine. This is a vialbe solution to my problem.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.