Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Properties from Dynamic Blocks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nyfritz
333 Views, 1 Reply

Extracting Properties from Dynamic Blocks

I'm currently working on a project with 500+ drawing files in a Sheet Set. Our client just issued a change, in which the scale for each sheet needs to be updated in the title block. I can currently edit the SCALE attribute in the title block using the properties of the sheet, and run it quickly on multiple sheets using the SSMPropEditor tool by JTB world.

In order to update the scale on all these files, I need to pull the correct scale from a different dynamic block on each dwg file. This dynamic block is the view title for each sheet, which contains a custom dynamic attribute called "SCALE". I'm looking for a way to programatically grab this attribute from each file, and put it somewhere (text file, excel, sheet properties, etc).

I got very close to the solution using the PROPULATE command, but unfortunately that does not work with dynamic blocks. If anyone has any ideas or even a step in the right direction, that would be supremely helpful! Unfortunately, this change was leveled when I have a deadline for these drawings in just a few days, so the sooner the better!

Thanks so much. I'm running AutoCAD 2010 on Windows 7 64-bit.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nyfritz
in reply to: nyfritz

I should also mentiont hat the SCALE parameter in the block is a Visibility Parameter with many options (i.e. 1:100, 1:200, NOT TO SCALE)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services