Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynmic Block error !scandr.cp​p@1526: eWwasOpenF​orWrite error.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ukdxb012
755 Views, 4 Replies

Dynmic Block error !scandr.cp​p@1526: eWwasOpenF​orWrite error.

Hi,

We are seeing some problems with dynamic blocks and getting the error !scandr.cpp@1526: eWwasOpenForWrite error has anyone come across this before? What is it related to?

We are running 64 Bit, Windows 7 Operating System with AutoCAD 2011 installed.

The error occurs not when editing the block in the block editor but when you close the editor out and then try to adjust the block or try to get the grips to work.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 3 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ukdxb012

As a test have you tried RECOVER or AUDIT on the Container File for the DynBlk that is causing problems or is this widespread?

If it is widespread; has there been a Registry Cleaner run on the computer recently?

Message 4 of 5
ukdxb012

Charles,

As best practice we always audit, purge and recover drawing files as a first instance of any error reported in AutoCAD. After that we progress to the forums and try to replicate the issue on other machines.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 1 of 5
lxpichet

Hi,

Yes I had this problem. However, it happens most of the time when I am mixing parametric constraints and parameters/actions within the same block.

I did not make a big case of this error since that just re-inserting the block (without any purge) resolves my problem and also that this happent to me less that 10 times.

I know this is not a solution to the problem, but I believe that it is the fastest way to go around it.

Louis-Xavier Pichet
Message 5 of 5
ukdxb012
in reply to: lxpichet

Louis,

Thanks for the reply! Weird thing is that we didnt have any constraints only visibility states in the dynamic block.

We did have a work around similar to what you have detailed. Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services