Did you mean: 

dynamic title block with variable width

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
fishautodesk124
734 Views, 12 Replies

dynamic title block with variable width

Hello,

Attached is a dynamic title block with various width which I created based on the you tube video. The problems that I have with the video is the following:

1. When doing a test block and typing a number the distance never changes.
  2. When saving the file and going back in to the file when selecting the title block I don’t get the block edit.
  3. The video say that I should be able to modify the x,y directions but it does not work.

Title block problems

1. Can’t align the graphic file inside the box
  2. On the bottom of the page it say project I would like to edit this with the word Date with the same and style.
  3. Text attributes don’t work. Below the graphic file I would like a title attribute below that I would like address attribute below that I would like a contact attribute where you can place you name and telephone number etc. Where the word Kitchen remodeling I would like a title attribute.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyM3u88KJpI

Windows 10 Professional Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 3.41 GHZ
16 GB
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor
AutoCAD Civil 3d 2016 sp 4
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
steven-g
in reply to: fishautodesk124

This is probably not what you want to hear at the moment, but start again, continuing on this way will only lead to more misery later. using hatches to draw geometry isn't the way to use Autocad, and certainly not in dynamic blocks. And an Mtext object isn't an attribute, Use lines with thickness if that is the sort of thing you want to have in your title block, or even polyline with width, For attributes look at the ATTDEF command. And hatches for text ? Autocad isn't designed to be a graphics program, it can be persuaded to do somethings but it isn't the way to start. Try searching on google for examples of title blocks and look at how they are drawn (the sort of geometry that is used and the objects they contain).

And to be honest a stretchable title block is a bit of overkill, most people work with standard sized paper.

Message 3 of 13
fishautodesk124
in reply to: steven-g

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions with the text styles and fonts. I have tried using the stretch and move action in the editor block command to modify my dynamic title block for various x,y sizes and it still does not work. If you have some time can you fix it for me.

16 GB
Message 4 of 13
steven-g

Unfortunately not, hatches don't stretch you might get them to move or rotate, but hatches (and regions) don't stretch, thats why I suggested redrawing your design first, If you can get that sorted, then someone should be able to help you with the rest, but that is the reason you can't get it to work yourself.

Message 5 of 13
Libbya

I agree with Steven, you should basically start over.  Your lines/boxes should be polylines with a width.  Text that is not variable should be Mtext.  Text that will get changed should be attributes.  Once you get it redrawn, I'd be willing to help get the dynamic actions working.  

As far as your image goes, you can import it as a raster image and use imageclip command.

Message 6 of 13
fishautodesk124

Hello,

Thanks for your help I did start from stratch and my dynamic title block works with variable height and width. Now I am trying to get the jpg file in.

Here is what I tried.

1. copied the graphic using the spacespec

2. Next I tried setting up file as a block the same way I did the other file which I did get to work.

So right now I have two dynamic file but I can't move the file to the location it hangs up in autocad 2012. Once I can get it moved I will need to delete the actions and parameters from the dwg file (with the .jpg file) and regenerate the block over again.

Can someone help me on this I have been trying for a couple of days and it is not working.

If more info is needed please let me know.

16 GB
Message 7 of 13

Hello,

Sorry forgot to mention I would like the logo placed in the upper right corner. The tower that I drew with a bunch of lines and circles can be deleted.

Thanks

16 GB
Message 8 of 13
steven-g

Glad to see you got the block working, why do you need to have the image dynamic as well? surely it just needs placing in your titleblock!

Message 9 of 13
fishautodesk124

@steven-g wrote:

Glad to see you got the block working, why do you need to have the image dynamic as well? surely it just needs placing in your titleblock!

Hello,

I don't need it as a seperate dynamic file but I want to include it in the dynamic title block because if I stretch the title block does the picture have to be stretch also,

Can you help me move the file in the title block in the correct spot.

Thanks 

16 GB
Message 10 of 13
steven-g

Like this

Message 11 of 13
fishautodesk124

Hello,

Thanks steven-g and libbya for your suggestions but I am still having some problems that I can't figure out.

My original title block was scaled to a 1:1 but somehow now when I measure the height and width the distance

comes as delta x,y.

Can someone help me fix the problem without starting all over from scratch.  

16 GB
Message 12 of 13
Libbya

The distance command will return these results:

Distance = XX, Angle in XY Plane = XX, Angle from XY Plane = XX
Delta X = XX, Delta Y = XX, Delta Z = XX

If you are only seeing the second line, then make your command line show more than one line.

Message 13 of 13
fishautodesk124
in reply to: Libbya

@Libbya wrote:

The distance command will return these results:

Distance = XX, Angle in XY Plane = XX, Angle from XY Plane = XX
Delta X = XX, Delta Y = XX, Delta Z = XX

If you are only seeing the second line, then make your command line show more than one line.

Ok, can the stretch action command to work as a shrink to make it smaller?

Another problem I am having is when I try to do a test in test block my sketch is completely gone and I tried the ze command and look for it but it does not

show.

Since this is not doing what I exactly want I am going to try to use the variable set

Any suggestion would be helpful.

16 GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services