Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Door Block

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
andrescr
13289 Views, 11 Replies

Dynamic Door Block

Hi partners, this time, I want to share with the community Dynamic Door Block that i made.

Of course we have dynamic doors in our library, but this time it has a parametric frame.

I hope you find it useful.

(Autocad 2007 format)

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: andrescr

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Thanks for the share. It is always good to see Dynamic Blocks manipulated in different ways.

Message 3 of 12
akshay.thakker

There is a flaw in how you are handling the door swing. As the door width increases, there starts to appear a gap between the door frame and the door swing line. See attached,

Please check.

Message 4 of 12
Libbya
in reply to: akshay.thakker

The easy fix is to go into the block and pull the arc end point so it is on the outer edge of the door rather than inner edge.  

Message 5 of 12
akshay.thakker
in reply to: Libbya

Is there a way to make it work in the way it's currently drawn? I am facing a similar problem with another block I am trying to make and don't have the option to extend the arc.

Sent from my iPad
Message 6 of 12
Libbya

Post up the other block with a detailed description of what is not working and I'll see if I can help.

The reason the existing door block does not scale properly is because the arc width is not the same as the height by the difference of the door thickness and yet the scale is based on the width of the door.  The arc will scale uniformly so the difference between the width and height of the arc will grow and shrink with the scale.  The door thickness does not change with scaling of the opening, though, so the arc loses its alignment.  

I don't know a way to make it work correctly with the arc end point at the wrong side of the door.   

Message 7 of 12
akshay.thakker

Thanks for the offer Libbya.

I have attached a drawing file with the dynamic lock inserted in it. I have also added a brief explanation of what my problem is. Please see if you could help.

Best regards,

Akshay

Message 8 of 12
andrescr

Hi Akshay and Libbya Thank you for the coments. I agree with both of you. It has a mistake. But if you are working with doors, you can think in a range of door widths. For example betwen 0.70m to 1.10m (metric system). Therefore, the arc gap is very small, and you won't see it because pen widht will cover it. I know it's not a geometrically correct solution, but i couldn't find another, and it works for me. You don't need the arc to take measures, it's only a movement indication. On the other hand, i believe that Libbya's solution is geometrically correct. Just extend the arc until it conects the exterior edge of the door leaf, and you will get the correct arc strech. I didn't use it, because it has the arc over the door width line, when you print it, you will get an increased pen width. That's the reason why i prefer the first one. Good luck. Andrés
Message 9 of 12
Libbya

andrescr - it would be fairly easy to make the door itself a wipeout and place the arc behind it.  Wipeouts can cause other issues, though, if you want other lineowrk under them to display.   

akshay - I looked at your block and did not come up with a way to accomplish the correct geometry without using a wipeout to cover part of the arc.

Message 10 of 12
akshay.thakker

Libbya I was able to achieve the arc resizing by using constraints. I have attached the drawing with the revised block. Currently I have only done the left side of the arc, but its fairly easy to replicate it on the right side of the arc.

andrescr i was also able to use the same technique to the door swing. lemme know if you cannot figure out based on what i did on the arc drawing attached.

Message 11 of 12
andrescr

Sorry, but point contraint doesn't work for me. Can you explain it?
Message 12 of 12
ginocentes

IS there a way to make us control if the dor is open 10% or 45%?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services