Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks with constraints

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dtrent
1097 Views, 8 Replies

Dynamic Blocks with constraints

I want to rotate and scale the pump, which that seems to still be working fine.

It has a rectangular box that I what to move around the pump, keeping the box and text East-West, I had been able to do this before in AutoCAD 2010, I am currently using 2013.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rapidcad
in reply to: dtrent

Hey - looking at your block makes me wonder what you are up to. Itr seams like you are trying to allow the text and box to orbit the pump and keep the leader pointing to the pump. It seems like you want to keep the text horizontal the whole time. This is easily accomplished with a polar stretch set and a move. See my attached drawing for how I did it.

ADN CAD Developer/Operator
Message 3 of 9
dtrent
in reply to: rapidcad

I have applied the Polar Stretch, but my rectangular box and text does does not remain in a East-West position.

Please review my revised drawing, and if you have time give me your advise as before, thank you for taking your time to help me.

I have other blocks like this one that I need to get fixed.

Thank you again for reviewing.

Darrell <><

Message 4 of 9
rapidcad

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but I think for whatever your reasons, this might be exactly what you are after. I don't understand why you are doing the scaling this way, but if it is what you want - enjoy it.

HTH

Ron

Message 5 of 9
dtrent

I am sorry to keep bugging you but the Text and Rectangular Box needs to remain horizontal as the box moves around the pump.

Would you use a horizontal constraint? Which I have tried but without any luck.

Thank you very much for your help.

Darrell <>< 

Message 6 of 9
rapidcad

Did you take a look at the pump dynamic block1 drawing that I attached in my last reply? As you drag the text around, the text remains horizontal. Are you referring to some other reason the text might not remain horizontal? About the only way I could get the text to rotate in my last attachment would be to insert the block with a rotation factor. Is that what you are trying to do?

Message 7 of 9
dtrent

You are correct the Pump Block 1, it does what I was looking for, thank you.

Could you please give me some instructions on setting up the Polar Stretch.

Thank you again for your help.

Darrell <><

Message 8 of 9
dtrent

I got it thanks you very much for your help and guidance.

Thanks again,

Darrell <><

<>< follower of Christ

Message 9 of 9
rapidcad

Glad that you figured it out Darrell. Sometimes reverse engineering someone else's dynamic block is just about impossible. Sorry to not get back to you earlier. Apparently our time zones or work schedules don't align or something. The trick there is to move the objects with the polar move that must remain oriented the same, but stretch with a polar stretch those objects that must lengthen, AND attach both actions to the same end of a polar parameter. That's a trick that most people take awhile to understand - that you can attach multiple actions to the same end (grip) of most parameters.

BTW, like your sig borther, I too believe that He is LORD - esp. mine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services