Did you mean: 

Dynamic blocks based on General Block Properties

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lcely
512 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamic blocks based on General Block Properties

I am trying to create a block to work as a compass.  IE center only rotates, while the outside stays still.  I am hoping to make the dynamic block rotate, simply by using the rotation field from the typical block definition.  You know the rotation property shown when you open the properties dialog box under the MISC heading.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
truss_85
in reply to: lcely

Sorry it can not be done via dynamic blocks. You can have rotation value by field but you can not use it.

You will use any of customization methods.

But you may have altenate solution by rotation parameter or other dyn block parameters.

Why do not you use that? Is there a limitation?

Message 3 of 6
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: truss_85

Just a quick thought, if you use a field to get a rotation value, can't you bind that value to blockproperty with rotation parameter.

See attached picture.

Just a thought...

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 6
truss_85
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

I wish it is possible, it will be a great option.

But it can not because fields can insert only a mtext or an attribute and other problems to refering itself.

Regards...

Message 5 of 6
AcadAdamLT

Havn't had the chance to work alot with fields yet, for my next "project" i'am going to try and create a new titleblock with fields and lookups. Maybe then I will have the chance to experiment abit with different uses of fields.

Sad to hear that it is not possible to archieve OP's goal the way I thought.

Best of luck to you.

//Adam

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 6
lcely

I am trying to use this compass dynamic block as my north arrow block.  My intention was to use it with Plan Production, so that AutoCAD can rotate the north part of the compass when it automates sheet creation for plan-profile sheets.  AutoCAD will match the roation parameter of the block to the rotation of the viewport. Now you can see, when AutoCAD changes the rotation parameter the dynamic block -entirely- rotates, and my compass is no longer a compass...

My workaround, is that I created two blocks, one for the outside part of the compass, and the second for the inside (the part that needs to rotate and match the viewport).  That works for using in plan production.

I was just hoping that dynamic blocks, could also use "fields" for automation, thus allowing me to skip this -two- block step.

Thanks all for your input!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services