Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic blocks and grips

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
salman_nsr
599 Views, 7 Replies

dynamic blocks and grips

I have created a dynamic block which has the stretch ability and one point move parameter attached to it. For the point move parameter I have select a specific point that I use as a base point for the block. Now when I Stretch the block using the stretch action, the base point parameter does not change its position and hence when I pick the block to move it I am not able to pick it from desired location. The attachment clarifies the picture. The 2 images of the block show how the block is stretched but the base point remains in its previous position and does not change according to the new size of the block. Please tell how can I make the base point of the block move when I stretch it.

Thanks. Edited by: salman_nsr on Jan 12, 2010 2:47 PM
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: salman_nsr

You can always add Point Parameters if you need additional insertion points.
In your case it reads as though you need to either include the Move Action in the Stretch Action or create additional Actions based on the existing parameter that manipulate the base point.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 8
felt33

I don't believe that base points can be included in actions. DB's are easily moved by single clicking and grabbing that square insertion or base point and dragging it where you want it
Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

I wondered that too and tried it last week. The basepoint is included in the Seat Stretch of this DB so that when the seat gets moved after insertion the Basepoint stays relative.
Although with the seat the Basepoint is not in a good place. This DB is typically used by me as just a shower pan. In which case the Basepoint doesn't need to move and is moot in this conversation.
Alignment Parameters should not be included in Actions as that will cause undesired results. (Found this out in the same DB.)
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 8
felt33

That's a nice shower pan Charles. i wish I was still drawing Architectural. I'm doing wastewater management equipment now and all of building inspection certifications are going to waste. Anyway, here's a bill of material call out I made. It polar stretches, flips, and has the option for the bom baloon, two balooons, or the baloon and an anchor callout. All are attributed and can be used with numbers or letters.
Message 6 of 8
Charles_Shade

Thanks, although I think this one starts to fall into the category of "What can I ef with next?"
One of the regular contributors here told me that you will stay awake at night trying to think of ways to make all those static blocks do something dynamic. The most frivolous I use, and do not regret, is Flip Action. Even faster than a Mirror Macro that automatically deletes the existing entity.
A second here, five seconds there; pretty soon we are talking about minutes saved or created.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 7 of 8
Charles_Shade

Needed to update a couple of oversites in the previous attached DB.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 8 of 8
PeterLange7168

While not exactly moving the base point, if you include a point parameter, it becomes an alternate base point while inserting. Just click the control button to toggle base points.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services