Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
falconbird
2478 Views, 4 Replies

Dynamic Block

I am tying to create a Dynamic Block of a steel angle of multiple sizes and thickness. I used Dynamic Blocks before and live the idea of changing sizes on the fly with out having to delete and recreate an object.. I got as far as creating an angle of different sizes, i.e.. 4x4, 5x5, etc. and different thickness but can't get the thickness to work with the radius of the angle. Can someone out there walk me thru it. I have attached file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: falconbird

Unless you are looking for a pure exercise in creating Dyn Blk's just use the attached or Google what you need.

There are multiple examples and Steel shaped blocks available.

Otherwise let us know and we can get you there...

Message 3 of 5
falconbird
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I been looking for hell to high waters and or try to create a DB of angles and was going to try to do one in tubs. Where the hell did you get this??? O! by the way, thank you.

P.S.If there is a specific site/link please send it to me, thank you again.

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: falconbird

Participating in this Forum over the last 3 years I've cobbled together this group.

Most of these are here in the Forum somewhere and one or two are mine.

Some examples of Stretching a Radius attached

Message 5 of 5
rapidcad
in reply to: Charles_Shade

And my good old contribution - not sure if I created this or just picked it off the discussion group or a combination of both. It has been a while since I rolled this out. Either way, many of the fine people here contributed to the creation of this via example, directly or just educating me on how to do it. Hopefully this will be a benefit to others seeking an AISC steel angle dynamic block..

Ron

ADN CAD Developer/Operator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services