Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks

Valued Contributor
llorden4
Message 11 of 14 (137 Views)

Re: Dynamic Block

09-13-2012 08:09 AM in reply to: arquimodem

I don't think your post is relative to the area you are replying to so you may not got the replies you are hoping for.  But you are correct in assuming your version of 2008 is no longer supported.  I believe they only support up to two releases back, which places that at version 2011 as version 2013 is the current model in release.  Beyond that you're on your own for support unless you can find someone who has had the same issues and has found a solution.  It sounds like a graphic issue off the bat, if you haven't already, try updating your drivers.  Another option might be to run the program in XP compatibility mode instead of Windows 7 mode, that may resolve some issues.  Good luck.

Valued Contributor
arquimodem
Message 12 of 14 (132 Views)

09-13-2012 08:39 AM in reply to: llorden4

llorden4 - thank you very much for your  prompt reply.

I am sorry if I'm in the wrong place. I will try again in the Autocad general discussion area. I had run a search for dynamic blocks and this thread had been suggested to someone else by the moderators.

The program works perfectly in all other aspects. I can use existing Dynamic blocks and they all behave like they are supposed to. It is only if I wish to edit any old block, not necessarily a dynamic block and clock on the icon, Boooom! and off I go.

But I will try to see if I can run W7 in  XP mode.

I doubt it's the graphics drivers, the laptop is less than a month old, but I'll check that just in case.

Thank you again for your  help. Hans

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 13 of 14 (128 Views)

09-13-2012 08:47 AM in reply to: arquimodem

You may need to completely uninstall the product following this advice:

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

And then install in XP Mode.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Contributor
llorden4
Message 14 of 14 (127 Views)

09-13-2012 08:48 AM in reply to: arquimodem

We are currently experiencing issues with older drawings/blocks in 2013 and a solution that has been working for us is to purge all unused items from the drawing as well as all registered apps, followed by an Audit.  To do this type the commands

-PURGE

R

<enter>

N

-PURGE

A

<enter>

N

AUDIT

Y

Perhaps this will help.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.