Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic block + titleblock

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
lgs663
657 Views, 13 Replies

dynamic block + titleblock

is there a way to put a dynamic block into a titleblock and have it work?
lgs
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Charles_Shade
in reply to: lgs663
Message 3 of 14
Charles_Shade

...a better query would be including the title block and offending DB as an attachment here with an explanation of what you would like to achieve in order to answer stated query.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

badoom pah........ and welcome to the Poconos lady's & gentleman
Message 5 of 14
lgs663

here is my first option
Message 6 of 14
lgs663

this is option 2
thanks for taking a look
lgs
Message 7 of 14
Charles_Shade

Actually I thought just to leave that hanging for a while. I wonder how many pejoratives the OP could have come up with?
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 8 of 14
Charles_Shade

Update the DB to remove VisibilityState0 from the selection set. Whatever you want the first name to be put it at the top of the Vis list in the DB.
As an inserted DB it works fine in the title block. As an XREF I dont believe the DB will work since it is not really part of the drawing. I did bind it as an XREF and then could change its value in the BE to another name.
Hopefully others will have better help.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Have you considered Sheet Set Manager?
Message 10 of 14
lgs663

so there is no way to set up a dynamic block so that you can insert it into another drawing and have it work?
Message 11 of 14
Charles_Shade

Just Insert the DB as you would any block, no different.
As this is a DB in a container drawing how is it that you would like to place the block in a drawing? Tool Palette is the easiest, Design Center can be used but is one more step. Having the DB in the template and providing a shortcut or macro to it would be a third way.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 12 of 14
lgs663

man you are quick on the replys - thanks
actually i am trying to set this up for company use - so...
we always xref the title block in but then we insert the ansi-notes (i had as an attachment) into each drawing
so if i could put the dynamic block in the ansi notes drawing and it would work when inserted with the anno-notes that would be perfect
thanks again for all the help
lgs
Message 13 of 14
Charles_Shade

I think your limitation is an XREF'fd DB. If the DB can be part of the template and not the XREF title block you would be golden.
Others will have to chime in about the XREF/DB relation if there is one as I have no knowledge and for the Sheet Set option queried above.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 14 of 14
Charles_Shade

now that's three times in two forums that I've gotten doubled Edited by: Charles_Shade on Jan 6, 2010 8:51 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services