Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Show Off TOO

54 REPLIES 54
Message 1 of 55
Charles_Shade
4485 Views, 54 Replies

Dynamic Block Show Off TOO

A second place to show off. The first is getting long and slow to load and has been popular so I thought I would start another.
2007 format if you can. We are getting more Constrained DynBlk's posted that only work for a few SO please label what version created/saved in.
A contribution is attached. 2007 / 2007
Regards, Charles Shade
54 REPLIES 54
Message 2 of 55
Modman_4
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Inetersting coffer there, Charles. You should see the tray ceiling effect I am trying to build in my old double-wide's dining room!

Anyway, is there a way to make the stretch actions rotate along with the coffer, so if they are applied after a rotate, they don't skew?
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 3 of 55
REID7800

You said in your previous post, in the old dyn blk show off thread, that you use excel with cad. How do you tie excel and acad together? Can you manipulate Dyn Blks?
_____

Reid B.
_____
Acad 2015
Architecture 2010
Message 4 of 55

Well, yea; if you build it right and include the Width Parameter in the Rotate Action. Sheesh. Do I have to do everything!
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 55

I'm not quite that sophisticated to tie DynBlk to the spreadsheet.
The attached is a way to layout the stringer cuts so I can check headroom clearances and such. It's a pretty simple PLINE setup
Set the Spreadsheet parameters, Copy the column named Points up to the Total number of risers (If you have 15 risers copy the points up to 15 but not 15), PLINE command, Right click the command line and Paste. This will start at 0,0 since that is the first point.
The dropdowns can be revised to any common heights you have. These are just usual residential joist and ceilings heights.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 6 of 55
REID7800

It may not look like much but it was a pain in the butt to make!
_____

Reid B.
_____
Acad 2015
Architecture 2010
Message 7 of 55
Modman_4

Hey Reid that's right spiffy -- just takes a regen for the new distance to show up 🙂

To Charles: snicker snicker

Btw, notice the spread of the use of "DynBlk"? It's working......

My thought on the clearances was I can add them to my stair block(s) by drawing a line from a set point above the top riser to the identical point above the bottom riser, and then add those ends to the stretch action for those risers. Since it's only for checking clearances, it could be on the defpoints layer. However, this could also be used to locate the top and bottom of a stringer and the top of a typical handrail -- I am thinking strictly as guides, but some smart person will take it further. The challenge is to do it without constraints and with as few visibility states as possible, yesno?
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 8 of 55
REID7800

double visibility! I finally figured it out!!!

I better post a different block... Edited by: REID7800 on May 27, 2010 7:22 PM
_____

Reid B.
_____
Acad 2015
Architecture 2010
Message 9 of 55
Modman_4

Okay I am posting what I have so far, on a test stair with 11 risers, trying to do some of what I mentioned earlier. I figured out how to get something to stretch fractionally to the right, for example, when I pull the set of risers down in height, but there a few points such as the leading edge of the top of the riser, that need to move in two directions (or one direction at an angle) that, when I tried what I thought would work, the results were noticibly askew (so I removed those actions). The worst case in my current example has the top of the stringer off by about 3/16", but when I can get time I will try to plug away at it before I apply it to others. Unless anybody has some ideas....
Message 10 of 55
REID7800

Here we go. My double visibility block.

In the works is a double lookup, double visibility block. It works now I'm just trying to clean the block up a little. I hate actions flying everywhere in the block

Correction, 4 Lookup actions with 2 Lookup parameters. It was tricky to do Edited by: REID7800 on May 28, 2010 6:01 PM
_____

Reid B.
_____
Acad 2015
Architecture 2010
Message 11 of 55
REID7800

2 visibilities, 2 sets of lookups and a lot of free time spent on this

Turn on the Tlocks layer. I forgot to do that. I know I could've figured this out without using two visibilities.. I just did this because I can :) Edited by: REID7800 on Jun 2, 2010 3:45 PM
_____

Reid B.
_____
Acad 2015
Architecture 2010
Message 12 of 55
Modman_4
in reply to: REID7800

Okay I finally got around to doing up a toilet, sink and grab bar. I know, simple stuff. The toilet and sink use visibility states to show four variations. The grab bar uses a simple stretch to choose between 36" and 42". All have a centered basepoint and alignment parameter, but I have added grips so they can be dragged into final position. For example, the grips for the water closet are 18" from the insertion point, so it can be inserted against a wall and then dragged to 18" from the corner. The ADA lav's grips are 15" from the insertion point. And the grab bar's grips move from 3" from the centers of the ends of the bar (36" version) to 12" for the 42" version. Use them if you like them...

Btw, notice I shortened my designation to DBk (got that off of a really old post), to differentiate from database or dialog box or whatever. I also have a hatch pattern for batt insulation if anyone's interested...

Message 13 of 55
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Modman_4

An interesting use of Polar Parameters from 12/20/2010

TEST-2 in the First Vis State is the solution

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 55
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Modman_4

Message 15 of 55

The Artist Formerly Known as Modman says you're welcome 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 16 of 55

Mucking about with a few things on these still, trying to make them as idiot proof as possible. The one on the right uses fields so needs to be regen'd after stretching.

Message 17 of 55

Yanno, it's kinda a shame they can't combine the number of posts I made as Modman, with my current ones -- that would probably make me a Mage or a Wizard or something, yesno? 😛

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 18 of 55

You'll get a Kudos for that but you  are still an apprentice my young Padawan...

Message 19 of 55
Thomas.l

Message 20 of 55
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Thomas.l

Best Dblock so far

Smiley Happy

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services