Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Show Off TOO

54 REPLIES 54
Message 1 of 55
Charles_Shade
4491 Views, 54 Replies

Dynamic Block Show Off TOO

A second place to show off. The first is getting long and slow to load and has been popular so I thought I would start another.
2007 format if you can. We are getting more Constrained DynBlk's posted that only work for a few SO please label what version created/saved in.
A contribution is attached. 2007 / 2007
Regards, Charles Shade
54 REPLIES 54
Message 21 of 55
Thomas.l
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

making proper use of a block property table to loosly set a few parameters based on one base movement.

Message 22 of 55
ChuckUK1971
in reply to: Thomas.l

A couple of blocks I've made up

counting sequences (set a start number) which go up to +29 from the start or -29

an unequal door

Message 23 of 55
ChuckUK1971
in reply to: ChuckUK1971

single lead door (set to UK metric leafs)

sliding door

a block that returns world ucs coordinates as Northing and Easting, formatted for metres

Message 24 of 55
ChuckUK1971

simple stair generators in plan

top bottom and a whole stair

Message 25 of 55
Charles_Shade

Thanks for Sharing.

Good to see new ideas and thoughts on Dyn Blk's

Keeps us all thinking.

Message 26 of 55

Some problems with blocks posted earlier, having annotative text rotating to layout didnt work for example.

Message 27 of 55
ChuckEdwards
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

last one.

Message 28 of 55
ChuckUK1971

Revised, now using a polar grip so can go any direction.

Numbers start and go up, or start and go down, depending on the block used.

Up to 30 numbers, user selects the number displayed.

Idea is to use for stairs either in plan or elevation/section, or for anything else (car park numbering and so on).

Message 29 of 55
ChuckUK1971
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Stair in section, done as a concrete stair.

Limits to riser, going and tread, as well as number of steps are based on UK building regs limits.

Message 30 of 55
AcadAdamLT

Haha I love the demo-example!

I have a similar use for property tablet in one of my drawings, I post it here as a tip.

It uses a flip parameter to switch between 2 visibility states, since I'm using this block frequently changing visibility states I wanted a faster solution then having to use the visiblity state pulldown menu.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 31 of 55
strawberry12

Limits... are based on UK building regs limits.

Hm, kind of.

Although it's ultimately up to the discretion of your Building Control Officer, generally a 220 going can be used with a max. 198 riser. Similarly, a max rise of 220 can be used with a min. 244 going.

Message 32 of 55
ChuckUK1971
in reply to: strawberry12

My statement meant maximum and minimum sizes of going and risers, that are given in Part K and Part M of the UK Building Regs, both inside a building and out.

It is only a range, not a calculator that will avoid the need to think in the average Cad Monkey.

Message 33 of 55
elderla

This callout block took me some serious help from ojuris (Distinguished Contributor) , utilizing  a different thread in this forum. Thank you, Juris!

It is designed to work with the Sheet Set Manager, having sheetset placeholder fields. The actual block can be positioned by first stretching the arrow point to the feature being called out, then by stretching the block to a suitable place for the text, flipping it if necessary. So, it is basically a Sheet Set Manager multileader. You can also position it by inserting it where you want it in the first place, of course. 

It is set to be annotative to every scale I use, so you might have to remove some for your use.....also, of course, the units may have to be adjusted....

I have not tested it for use with the insert block command, because it is intended for use with the sheet set manager.

enjoy!

Donna

Message 34 of 55
Charles_Shade
in reply to: elderla

Thanks. Glad to see others looking to share and add to this (and the other share) thread in this Forum.

Message 35 of 55

Neat little block I cam up with, uses visbility to switch between 6 different type of views, allowing use of a single reference bubble for detail referencing, section referencing, elevation referencing, and detail call outs with choice of circular or rectangular.

With the latter choices, the reference bubble and the circle/rectangle can be moved indpendently to each other, and the circle/rectangle can be resized as well, just adjust some of the other linework joining back to the reference to clean it up.

Message 36 of 55
Holly_Jones

I just started building DBk's and don't have anything impresive to show off but I have to say the samples are so heplful to my understanding of how DBk's work.

I am (sadly) well behind the times (LT2009) and I despise DWG Truview with a passion. I find it so painful to use and will launch it only if absolutely necessary (ie I know that there is something in the .dwg file that I really, really want).

I know I may be asking a bit but it would be awfully nice if you could "save as". I'm pretty sure it's like a million times easier for you to do that than for me to **** around with the vile program.

Thanks

Holly

Message 37 of 55
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Holly_Jones

Are you using Trueview to Convert DWG files to 2007 release format?

If so there is no need to SaveAs. The DWG file is just "updated" to that format.

Then Open it with LT.

Message 38 of 55
Holly_Jones

Thanks, Charles. I guess there's something to be said about knowing how to use the tools that are available.

Message 39 of 55
steven-g
in reply to: Holly_Jones

Here is my humble offering, it's a work in progress, I use it for a visual check of door handing against an x-ref, and also for inputting data from site surveys as to door opening sizes, we can have several hundred doors on a project. each block also has about 250 attributes, listing various features and door furniture but most are just there to autopopulate our excel door list. I use layer naming and colouring, to group doors by types. -ATTEDIT is great for globally changing attributes in all the blocks, which is a real time saver.

A lot of the info is in Dutch but you can see the possibilities, I am hoping to add visstates for different frame types and a more visual effect for things like fire rating and door furniture, as well as double doors.

The title of this thread contains "Show Off" so heres the show off bit, I then have an excel sheet that manipulates the data and produces various lists for ordering door blanks and door furniture. All I need do then is prepare the faxes and place the orders, now if I can just get our IT department to install fax drivers.

Message 40 of 55
steven-g
in reply to: steven-g

Just a couple of simple ones that I use a lot. I do a fair bit of cabinet design and these help divide up spaces, I have quite a variety of different ones based on the same idea. One is just a straight divider you can either work with set distances ie. set distance1 to 600mm and use the other points to position items every 600mm or pick the 5th point and stretch it to divide an object equally.

The second divider I use to place 18mm shelves at equal distances within a cabinet without having to grab a calculator to work out if 4 or 5 shelfs is better. A variation of this one uses a standard 32mm hole spacing for shelving.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services