Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Show Off / Examples, Samples, List / Your Best Blocks

124 REPLIES 124
Message 1 of 125
Anonymous
23968 Views, 124 Replies

Dynamic Block Show Off / Examples, Samples, List / Your Best Blocks

Ever wonder what other dynamic blocks people are creating? This thread is for posting your dynamic block creations that you think are the most useful, and creative. Show off your best work and application of the dynamic blocks usefulness.
(Include a short description of the block with your post.)
(Save files in V. 2007 when possible)

Section-Cut.dwg
Drafting symbol of section arrows, with grips for moving the cut arrows, rotating, flipping, scaling, attributed text entry for entering callouts, grips to move callouts independently, while keeping it relative to scaling, flipping, and rotating.
Tags (1)
124 REPLIES 124
Message 81 of 125
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I know this is off subject but how do you link excel and acad? Can excel manipulate Dyn blks?
Message 82 of 125
Anonymous

maybe I bit off more than I can chew. I wasn't able to improve this block. Post this as a question and I'm sure someone will be able to fix the problem
Message 83 of 125
satch428

Got it figured out...

much simpler than originally thought...

I was just missing the trick to manually add the attribute to the stretch "group" as CP doesn't work. You must manualy add it to the selection set...

Thanks again for taking the time to look.
Message 84 of 125
Anonymous

hi!
What is the reason to use constraint parameters in Your block?
If I use that block, I got result in picture Title_Tag.png
I just delete all constraints

Juris

On 2010.05.27. 18:53, satch428 wrote:
> Got it figured out...
>
> much simpler than originally thought...
>
> I was just missing the trick to manually add the attribute to the stretch "group" as CP doesn't work. You must manualy add it to the selection set...
>
> Thanks again for taking the time to look.
Message 85 of 125
satch428

Juris,

See attached. I was told the constraint parameters were required. Didn't know why until i used your version of the block, and it became apparent. See attached PDF. I was having tons of problems with this block, as you can see posted in this thread. Most of the problems i was getting, were like the results you posted. My version of the block as posted above "title tag.dwg" has not given me any issues as you show, and i have no idea why. BTW, i am using acad 2011-32. Could that be it?

Thanks for your post...

Happy Friday!!!

John
Message 86 of 125
Anonymous

John,

I have both - ACA 2010 and 2011. I have many problems in 2011 with DBL
especially hatch in DBL. For that reason now I use 2010.

Juris

On 2010.05.28. 15:17, satch428 wrote:
> Juris,
>
> See attached. I was told the constraint parameters were required. Didn't know why until i used your version of the block, and it became apparent. See attached PDF. I was having tons of problems with this block, as you can see posted in this thread. Most of the problems i was getting, were like the results you posted. My version of the block as posted above "title tag.dwg" has not given me any issues as you show, and i have no idea why. BTW, i am using acad 2011-32. Could that be it?
>
> Thanks for your post...
>
> Happy Friday!!!
>
> John
Message 87 of 125
BobDurrant

This.....is an AWESOME dynamic block!  Nice work!

Message 88 of 125
Anonymous

I know I have been told several times that dynamic blocks are just for 2d but not so. Here is an example of a 3d dynamic tray. It is modeled after B-line aluminum H46 cable tray. I have set the lenght to 20ft as it is its maximum span. You can chose from 6" to 42" width trays. The rung spacing is set at 9". You will notice this dynamic block uses meshes and 3d solids to give us the tray we desired. Note you can only stretch in the X or Y direction. It would be awesome if Autodesk would allow us to stretch in the Z direction as well!

Enjoy....

Tags (1)
Message 89 of 125
jarredmonday

@Anonymous I've made a 3D block too a little while ago. I had some help with the lookups. I think it's an accomplishment.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 90 of 125
Anonymous
in reply to: jarredmonday

I think your block is quite an accomplishment! I really enjoyed the enginutity used in this block. I noticed you used a revolved surface in your block, because you are arraying it you could use a 3dSOLID, but that can lead to a larger block size. 

I also enjoyed the use of the function inside the field to determone the length.

I did notice when I changed the rotation angle to 225 I did notice that part of the block went the wrong way. 

Other than that I believe you have a grat Block on your hands!

What is this block of? corrugated pipe?

Message 91 of 125
jarredmonday

Thanks. I had a bit of help with the lookups at the beginning. I'm starting to see things a little more clearly than i used to, when it comes to lookups. 

I noticed that object went the wrong way after the fact. I forgot about it.

The block is used to represent hvac flex duct for a minor detailed example. Using 3d solids made the block significantly larger than it needed to be. 

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 92 of 125
cynthia.paish

Hi Folks,

Here's my contribution. I needed a Section Reference block with flexibility, so I crafted this one up. I still need to make a vertical version to compliment it, but here's how it works. you can flip the tail left or right, flip the direction arrow up or down, stretch the section cut lines, stretch the entire tail closer or farther, and if more references need to be indicated, you can flip half of the arrow and/or the "under curve" to make room for the multi-line text.

Any suggestions for improvement are always welcome. I hope you like it 🙂

Cynthia

Message 93 of 125
cynthia.paish

After a quick chat with my boss, we decided to go a different route. Here's the same block but using visibility states 🙂

Message 94 of 125
jarredmonday

Here is a d.b. I remade from another user that I found very intriguing. 

The dimensions on top references a circle's X-axes only, so no matter where you copy or move it, the distance from 0,0 is shown. (rounded to the nearest inch)

The bottom d.b. is the same concept but the 0,0 is referenced from the block itself instead of the drawings ucs location by having a nested block and arraying the dimension.

Message 95 of 125

Here's a Scale bar for Metric and Imperial drawings. It has 19 Metric scales and 16 Imperial scales. As always, advice on improving the block is welcome 🙂

Message 96 of 125

I did some refinements to the Scale Bar. I found some errors and changed some of the layout.

Message 97 of 125

Here's a simple arrow block with a non rotating indicator 🙂

Message 98 of 125
BobDurrant

Hey guys,

Here's a file with multiple dynamic blocks.....I use these on a daily basis.  I KNOW there's many ways to improve them.....and I KNOW you'll let me know!!  Smiley Very Happy

- Doors in plan and in section

- Windows in Section

- Items for paper space labelling

- Section Cuts and Detail Call-Out

- Wood Blocking, Wood Trim, Plywood

- Framing, Target and Roof Pitch Denotation

Tags (1)
Message 99 of 125
Anonymous
in reply to: BobDurrant

You guys are awesome. I have been living in the stone age not using dynamic blocks. Stumbled on this website after deciding that I had to start using them. Some great samples on here. Appreciative to everyone who has upload. 

Message 100 of 125
jarredmonday
in reply to: BobDurrant

I like using an angular dimension for the arc of a door so I can manipulate the door swing angle with any angle. It can be used to remove a flip parameter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services