Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block(programmation of values - Auto Setting/linking with Promp)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
526 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamic Block(programmation of values - Auto Setting/linking with Promp)

Hi, first of all, I'm frenchy, sorry for my english right away. I'm going to try my best.

I got a good question regarding something that my teacher at school doesn't think it is possible, but i'm pretty sure it could work. Maybe someone out there can see a solution.

Here it goes: I'm doing dyn Block with windows and doors. I did creat a block and added my strech and move actions. Every things works fine. I can insert the block and I can put it the size i want from the height and width. I didnt want it to be Scale so i can't use my blocks exactly the way i want them. With that said. When I insert them. I added a Prompt question "What Height you want?" and "what width you want?". 

Is there a way to assosiate the value of the result of my 2 questions with the Lenght of my strech of my actions in my Dyn Block?

If we can link thoses As soon as my windows is insert in my Drawing, it auto strech it self so i don'T need to play with it.  I can actualy creat bunch of block that way and If i'm doing lots block for my business later I already got them easly.

With that I got a other thing i want to work on, If it is possible, I can creat a kind of BLock that creat a pipeline that self creat with bunch of prompt. It would be amazing. ( But my guess it already exist a kind of things that creat pipeline by it self.) I'm new with autocad. soooo... still need to learn stuff. Ty anyway.

Hope Dyn block come to MAc version Soon. 

Simon.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
truss_85
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry it can not be done. As long as, only prompt value for blocks comes with attributes and it can not assign any custom properties.

Message 3 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: truss_85

As truss_85 stated: Parameter values cannot read Attributes and change based on that input.

Attributes can read Parameter values if you need to populate the Attribute after the sizing is set.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I know this is a couple of years old but there is a way to drive the dynamic blocks with a VB front end.

For example, I have built a front end in VB that lets the user pick features from the dialog and then upon insert will prompt for length of certain components.

This reply is a crossover into the Visual Basic forums also.

I start with a Component Builder that requires user input.

After selecting view, width, component, etc., I click the Insert button and it inserts the block with a prompt for length.

The VB code also fills in the attributes based on what the user chose in the dialog.

I can build entire assemblies using this system. It repeats the dialog input until I choose to cancel the program.

Hope this helps, it's not out of the box but it is possible with Dynamic Blocks and Visual Basic.

My first post, although I have been lurking for quite some time. You all have been quite helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services