Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block problems - multiple visibilty states

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
495 Views, 10 Replies

Dynamic Block problems - multiple visibilty states

Hi

I've been making dynamic CAD blocks at work, I got guides from the internet and looked at this forum for help. I've managed to overcome most of the problems encountered, however I can't figure out why one of the blocks I've included is acting weird!
The attachment contains a few blocks, the set on the right for the L605 piles works fine as far as I can tell. The ones of interest are the blocks that contains the 4 visibilty states. The problems arise with the L604 pile block, 2 of the visibilty states seem to work fine, but 2 do not...and I don't know why! I used exactly the same method, parameters and actions for each visibilty state.
The blocks contain 2 seperate move and stretch actions for each state.
Thanks in advance for any comments.

Andy
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks like your Visible/Invisible items in the different Vis states are mixed up. It is probably worth rebuilding the 604 DB and see if this is the case. Also, the Linear Parameters are not acting as they should in 604 like they do in 605, i.e.:moving with the stretch.
Otherwise the only thing that makes sense is the layer the Interlock/Non interlock blocks are built on is frozen in MS but that is not true as far as I can tell.
I needed to convert this to 2007 to view so that may have resulted in unexpected results here.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 11
Charles_Shade

Quick question: Are all your array entities unique? You can only array an object one time. If the entity is shared in VIS states I do not think that an array in one can use the same entity as an array in another vis state.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Charles

Thanks for the reply, Each of the array and move actions are unique to each direction in each visibility state. I think I'm going to rebuild it from scratch making each sheet pile the same block (non-interlocked), as I did use a mixture of interlocked and non-interlocked blocks. I'll let you know the results.

Quick question, originally for the L605 corner pile frame block I created each visibilty block before making the combined block. I then tried to insert each of these blocks into the different visibilty states without changing the parameters and actions. This created a block with multiple visibilty states, but no actions...until I explode it...but then I can't change between visibilty states. Is there any way of creating a multiple visibilty state block using this method?...or do I have to have set up the parameters and actions within the different visibilty states.

Regards

Andy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Right, I've gone and remade the block, which I have attached. I used exactly the same method, but created each VIS state using only the non-interlocked sheets...I still encountered the same problems, such as the arrow for the move/array not moving with the sheet and arrays not working and random sheets appearing when flicking throught the VIS states. Sometimes this was fixed by exploding the blocks that wouldn't array, and then they would work. It seems I just had to keep rebuilding it until it worked, something about these blocks seems a bit glitchy...but I dont know why. Anyway, this new one I've done seems to work, so I might just leave it at that!

Thanks for your comments.
Regards

Andy
Message 6 of 11
Charles_Shade

Yea, these detailed Vis filled blocks are hard to deconstruct especially if you are not the one who built it.
I would think that if you created a Vis state and then inserted a block that was created outside the current drawing you would have access to it as though it were inserted on it's own when invoking the Vis state.
Just tried it. The DB goes into the BE Vis w/o problem but when inserted into the dwg requires an explode after choosing the Vis to manipulate.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 7 of 11
Charles_Shade

BTW, that's a cool use of Array. This is what makes coming to this Forum fun.
I bet it was a pain in the arse deciding where to put the parameter end points to get the array to set correctly.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

It wasn't so difficult deciding where to put the parameter end points, I kept them all so were on the inside face of the sheets, as the point of these blocks would be to find which of the 4 options fit closer to the intended plan dimensions. Or maybe the fact I didn't find this a pain in the arse is why the whole things kept screwing up!
Right, another quick question while I remember, each of these blocks have 2 linear parameters, is there any way of making the horizontal and vertical extensions the same in each block...so I'd draw out the plan dimensions then click the block into the top left corner, I'd then stretch out the block to get the closest fit, if I then changed VIS state the block would at its smallest size...if you get me?
So basically make distance1=distance3 and distance2=distance4...and so on. I know this would be possible to do if I set up a table and input the values, but I was hoping there was a quicker method...as it's not essential for the blocks, so I don't want to waste too much time on it!
Cheers again for your help

Regards

Andy
Message 9 of 11
Charles_Shade

I've always found Arrays to be finicky with end point placement and sometimes distance between working with one another.
Simple version of your thought. It all depends on which action is included in which action (?).
Something else to think about: If you use one Linear Parameter you can make the other Sctretch Action's Angle Offset 90deg. and it should move the block equally perpendicular. Of course you would alwyas have a square or rectangle based on the multiplier.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

That block you attached there has given me an idea for another load of blocks I just started making. They're elevation cross sections, I've applied stretch commands for the different levels, and heights of sheets....and was thinking of how to put in level markers that automatically adjust as you move them relative to some datum point. I'll do some more work on them tomorrow, and will most likely upload them on here and ask for guidance!
Cheers again

Regards

Andy
Message 11 of 11
Charles_Shade

Nothing but a Dim with the extention and dimension lines turned off.
Regards, Charles Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services