Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block problem.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cdamiani
362 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Block problem.

When I insert the dynamic door block from the library the factor is set at 25.4.  How can I change the factor so the door is the right scale?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thinagaran.cae
in reply to: cdamiani

When ever if we insert a block at wrong scale factor.. We can adjust the block to the correct scale by knowing any one dim. of it... In general Door will will dim. (width) 600, 700, 750, 800, 900, 1000 & 1050 (standard size in mm) . So choose the size that you need at first.. Then measure the width of door that you have inserted  say you have measured 35.5 . And if your requirement is say 1000 mm door.  so in commond type < sc > press Enter "then select the whole door need to be scaled " press Enter " Select the base point as one corner of the door... then type <R> enter " type the value you measured 35.5"  press enter .. then " type your requrement say1000" press enter .. now You can see the door is scaled to your required size... 

But Usually when you insert a block from library.. Before that set the insertion scale  unit as mm for metric door and change to inches for imperial door...

Then you no need to bother about the scale.. you will get correct scale...

Try how it works..Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 3
kasperwuyts
in reply to: cdamiani

25.4 happens to be the inch - mm conversion. My guess is the unit in the block is set as inches and your drawing as mm or the other way around. To change the unit in your block, open it in the block editor; open the properties palette without selecting anything in the block; and you'll find the 'units' property there. Change it so it is the same as in your drawing.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services