8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Lawson2011
745 Views, 8 Replies

Dynamic Block problem

Hello,

See attached drawing

I'm have trouble getting this block to work, I've tried polar stretch all differect ways but cannot get it to work, I would be grateful for any ideas/suggestions

I'm tring to pivot everything at the base point and only stretch the end part.

It needs to be polar

Regards Lawson

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Lawson2011

Don't know if I understood it correctly but is it something like this you want?

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 9
rapidcad

Well, to exactly do what you said, the simplest way would be... I think...

Let me know if you really ment this.

Ron

ADN CAD Developer/Operator
Message 4 of 9
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: rapidcad

Now I'am confused ^^, what kind of function do you want Lawson?

Beginning to think mine was abit out of line xD

Edit: This is way out of my line of work so I really don't have a clue of what it is meant to do 😛

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 5 of 9
rapidcad
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Hey Adam, I can't speak for him, but I think that he would ultimately want something in between both of our solutions. I gave him exactly what he had written, but as a former structural drafter, I can say that you would almost always want the turnbuckle to have the tensioner assembly centered. This proves to be a bit difficult when using a polar stretch parameter on multiple in-line objects. I tried adding an additional stretch action to the polar parameter using a .5 multiplier to center the adjuster, but that screws up the rotation. I had just as much trouble with trying a second polar stretch action to do this instead. Neither one rotated correctly. I'd love to see it done correctly.

Message 6 of 9
AcadAdamLT

I only did one side because it's all that is needed to show the function, thinking that it's easy to copy and remake it on the other side aswell. But I just realized that is probably not possible, the 1 blockproperty tablet per block restriction prevents you from using different angles on both sides. =/

Makes it pretty worthless.

Off the record, I totally forgot about the polar stretch action :X

I very seldom use it since I never really learned it in the beginning, and since all my block was done with normal stretch I kinda forgot about it, thanks for the reminder :X

*Embarrased*

I could probably have made it abit easier for myself if I had used the built-in rotation stretch =P

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 7 of 9
rapidcad
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Never be embarrassed Adam - you've helped out a lot of us over the years! We all forget some of these ill documented things when we don't use them.  I just picked this up because I've been working through something similar lately.

I thought I should keep at it and learn some things. I was able to create an auto-centering turnbuckle after all - a little thinking on how to aviod double rotating the end of the outer shaft and use of a construction line and a symitrical constraint and volia!  Hope the OP (or someone else) can benefit from this.

Enjoy!

a few tags to help others find the answer...

chained polar stretches

polar stretch and rotate

polar rotate

dynamic turnbuckle

Message 8 of 9
Lawson2011

Ron, your first one is exactly what I was looking for

Thank you for your help, Smiley Very Happy  I'd be interested in how you got it to work, I've tried to recreat it but cannot Smiley Frustrated

Regards Lawson

Message 9 of 9
rapidcad

Yer welcome sir. It was good for me to work through the issues with the polar stretch. If you are wondering how to set up this kind of action, I used a polar parameter and turn off one grip, then added a polar strretch action. The polar stretch action is different than other stretch actions in that it prompts you for the crossing window, then the entities to be stretched, then a third prompt- Items to be rotated only. The secret is in what you include in the second prompt and what you include in the third prompt.

Hope that helps explain. If you found my work helpful, would you mind selecting "Accept as solution"? Thanks!

Ron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services