Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block FATAL ERROR ec11bed4h

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
SFronius
1385 Views, 13 Replies

Dynamic Block FATAL ERROR ec11bed4h

I have a block used as a symbol and has multiple parameters/actions.  I get a Fatal Error message when I click on the block table grip which displays the different options within the block properties table. I can manually change the attribute text but cannot use the table.  The message reads:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at ec11bed4h.

Note: I had AutoCAD LT 2013 and it was working fine until I installed Service Pack 2.  I uninstalled the service pack and it worked again. I recently installed AutoCAD LT 2014 to bypass this issue but it still happens with 2014.  I've looked up the error code but haven't found any help.

I've attached the fatal error image as well as a picture of the symbol I'm working with.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to recreate the block and have it do the same thing since it took forever to create!

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Charles_Shade
in reply to: SFronius

The Fatal error really has no meaning so what to do for it specifically will likely never be found.

However - Have you tried RECOVER to the DWG File that is the Block?

If this Block is in a Container File, WBLOCK it into a new Drawing File and run AUDIT or RECOVER.

You need to make sure the Block is clean and works.

And sometimes bad things happen to good Blocks.

Message 3 of 14
dan908

Hello,

I am one of the Testers on the AutoCAD product and work with the dynamic blocks feature.

I am interested in the problem you are having if you could email me your drawing I could take a look at it. Hopefully we could have the problem fixed if it is a supported case.

Please contact me I will send a private email.

Dan

AutoCAD Quality Assurance Manager
Message 4 of 14
Charles_Shade
in reply to: dan908

Man sorry to jump the thread but when are you adding Multi Vis States to the program?

Message 5 of 14
SFronius

I tried e-mailing you the block but the domain psebshare.autodesk.com does not exist.

Message 6 of 14
SFronius
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Are you referring to the visibility options? I created them when I made the block.

Message 7 of 14
dan908

Sorry, I don't know what was wrong with that email address. But, I sent a private contact to you with my email address.

And sorry, I don't know about the future and designs of dynamic blocks. There are designers who review these threads though so you may want to repost as a feature request (I know the request has been made before). Also there is a feedback team you can email directly. I tried to give their email address, but somehow I got the domain wrong.

Dan

Message 8 of 14
Charles_Shade

Message 9 of 14
SFronius

Here you go.  I haven't had a chance to perform your suggestions yet.

Message 10 of 14
dan908

I think you could fix it by combining the two block tables into 1. Before 2014/ SP2 there was a annoying problem that prevented using a multibranch block table. I suspect to work around it this block was created with two block tables. Now that the problem is fixed, it looks like the solution is problematic for your two block table block. Although this problem has always existed (it can crash pre-SP2) for some reason it is so much easier now and this block started failing. According to the crash information it is getting a bad block table. Do you have a lot of these blocks like this? If not, I will see if I can get the easiest solution for this block to repair it and I will push this problem forward toward getting fixed.

Dan

Message 11 of 14
Charles_Shade

There are two extra empty rows at the bottom of your BPT.

Right click on each and choose Rows, Delete; BPT's don't like blank rows.

The third line is required and will have the Delete option grayed out when it is the only one left.

Message 12 of 14
dan908

Yes, it is those two empty rows at the bottom of the Devices block that are causing the crash.

1. Go into the block you sent.

2. Click the block, type BE, choose the Deviceanddescription block to edit.

3. Double Click on the table icon.

4. Follow Charles description to remove the lines at the bottom.

5. Save the block and close block editor. You have to save when you close the drawing too.

The block table should have prevented you from having those two empty lines. Anyway, hopefully it is just this one block that is causing trouble. I will work on it from our side to see if there is a way that this can be resolved to not crash and make sure the extra lines don't get added.

Dan

Message 13 of 14
SFronius

This solved the problem.  Thanks much! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Discussion_Admin
Moved:

We moved your reply to its own topic in the Dynamic Blocks forum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services