Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic block circle question

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rctimmy
1792 Views, 7 Replies

dynamic block circle question

I need help scaling a circle in a dynamic block but the catch is that a line is attached perpendicular and centered and I want it to stay that way. Please see the attached drawing and let me know if you have a cure. Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rctimmy

A linear parameter which is rotated by the polar stretch action can achieve what you're after. Use the linear parameter to scale the circle and stretch the other end of the joining line. See attached.
Message 3 of 8
rctimmy

Thanks for the info. Looks easy now that I see it.
Message 4 of 8
cnibbe

is this a 2007 file?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Yes it is. Which brings up another good suggestion for posting Dynblocks in earliest possible format.
Message 6 of 8
rctimmy

I was looking at the block you created and I'm trying to re-create the block so that I understand how it was done. I have everything working correctly except for one thing. The arrow grip where the circle and line meet, how do you keep that on the intersection? As soon as I pull my callout circle away, it pulls the arrow grip with it.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The Polar Stretch action has two select object prompts. The first asks for objects to stretch and rotate, the second for objects to rotate only. Make sure it is selected for the second prompt only.
Message 8 of 8
rctimmy

Ah yes, that works great now. Thanks for the help on this one. Now if I could only solve the problem in my other post.... 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services