Did you mean: 

Dynamic Attribute Rotation

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
pmclean
804 Views, 29 Replies

Dynamic Attribute Rotation

Hi,

I'm trying to get a spot elevation block to rotate the attribute based on a lookup table. though everytime I test the block it starts as Custom when it should be ANGLE-90 and when I change it between two locations with the same rotation it is fine but when I go from one rotation to another it moves the attribute to the wrong location and wrong angle. I ultimately want the attribute to move and rotate to either 0/90/180/270 degrees.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong or of another way to accomplish this.

Cheers,
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pmclean

Is this what you want to achieve?
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 30
pmclean

That is almost exactly what I'm looking for. What I would like it to do and I don't know if it's possible, but when the elev attribute is to the north or south of the symbol I would like it to be rotated at 90 degrees and when it is to the east or west of the symbol I would like it at 0 degrees(like it is now). The reason I used a lookup table was because I plan to take it one step further and have it rotate 45/135/225 degrees depending on where the attribute is placed around the symbol.
Message 4 of 30
Charles_Shade

So always facing bottom or right side of drawing?
Tha attached is static just to see if I understand what you wrote. If this is what you want then a Visibility State would be better. The rotation would not change the insertion point of the text.
Message 5 of 30
pmclean

Yeah that is essentially what I'm looking for, but I only want to have to input the attribute value once and be able to rotate and move it to where ever looks best once it is in. with the visibility state I would have to insert the value with each different state. I don't think my users would understand that. I want to be able to insert the block and enter the value of the att. and then specify where to place it and what angle to place it at. I was going to limit the placement and angle based on a lookup table. ie. ANGLE-0 would have it to the north of the symbol and at 90 degrees, or ANGLE-45 would have it northeast of the symbol and 45 degrees.

Does that make any sense. I think I've been starring at this thing for to long.

Cheers,
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous

On 2009.11.11. 23:22, pmclean wrote:
> Yeah that is essentially what I'm looking for, but I only want to have to input the attribute value once and be able to rotate and move it to where ever looks best once it is in. with the visibility state I would have to insert the value with each different state. I don't think my users would understand that. I want to be able to insert the block and enter the value of the att. and then specify where to place it and what angle to place it at. I was going to limit the placement and angle based on a lookup table. ie. ANGLE-0 would have it to the north of the symbol and at 90 degrees, or ANGLE-45 would have it northeast of the symbol and 45 degrees.
>
> Does that make any sense. I think I've been starring at this thing for to long.
>
> Cheers,
Message 7 of 30
pmclean

That's awesome. exactly what I want.

One more question though.

if I want to add a few more different rotations. ie 45 degrees, how do I add to the pulldown in the lookup table. right now it just says 0.00 or 90.00 in lookup table 3 in the Angle 2 input properties? also what does lookup table 1 do?

Thanks for all your help with this. the block was starting to drive me crazy.
Message 8 of 30
Charles_Shade

I'm starting to think I'm just here to ask all the questions while Juris takes the glory! Ah well, such is life.
Three Things:
1. This DB is built on a lisp(?) routine that allows two Lookup Tables to be applied to one Lookup Parameter. Juris can get you this if you need it.
2. You need to edit the number of "stops" in the Angle1 Rotation Parameter list to add those to the Lookup tables
3. And the angles of the Attrib in the Angle2 Rotation Parameter list
Lookup1 reads where the Attrib stops and lets Lookup3 know what the rotation of the Attirb should be at that point.
I took the liberty of doing this; do you want me to post it?
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 9 of 30
pmclean

Thanks Charles,

I would appriciate seeing what you created. I have modifyed the one Juris did a bit and came up with this. I just have to play around with the angles to get the att. to rotate properly.

Again thanks for the help. you two are life savers.
Message 10 of 30
Charles_Shade

Yep, on the right track. Only difference I have is that the Attrib needs to only be 45 to align up-left and 315 to align down-right regardless of position on the rotation.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 11 of 30
pmclean

That's awesome. exactly what I was after.

I would like to re-create this from scratch so i have a full understanding of how it was done,

I think the only thing I don't understand how to do now is have the two lookup tables referencing each other. Juris can you tell me how you did that or send the lisp routine if that is what you used to create that.

Thanks
Message 12 of 30
Charles_Shade

This thread had the lisp:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6281858�
Juris might be eating dinner about now...
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous

clshade wrote:
> This thread had the lisp:
> http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6281858�
> <>
> Juris might be eating dinner about now...
> Regards, Charles Shade

The specified thread [0] was not found.
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous

Dave Jones wrote:
> clshade wrote:
>> This thread had the lisp:
>> http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6281858?
>> <>
>> Juris might be eating dinner about now...
>> Regards, Charles Shade
>
> The specified thread [0] was not found.

funny thing is, your original post had only one link, the one with the
little question mark at the end which didn't work. In my post your
quoted back post has two links and the bottom one without the question
mark does work. What's up with that??
Dave
DDP
Message 15 of 30
Charles_Shade

I had pasted this link to another thread and it was fine. When I did it to this one I did not notice the ? until I had posted.
I re-found the thread and updated the link on this thread's post which probably happened between your first look and subsequent post.
Regards, Charles Shade

Okay, well I just tried it and it still does not work...

Edited by: clshade on Nov 12, 2009 10:43 AM

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6281858�
Edited by: clshade on Nov 12, 2009 10:44 AM
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous

almoust true 🙂
I spend last hour in my workplace

perfect clarification of DB working, Charles
my native language is not english, therefore I have little problems with
writing that things

Regards, Juris

On 2009.11.12. 17:03, clshade wrote:
> This thread had the lisp:
> http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6281858�
> <>
> Juris might be eating dinner about now...
> Regards, Charles Shade
Message 17 of 30
pmclean

I was able to get there using this.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6281858

Thanks for your help Guys, I will let you know if I'm able to re-create it from scratch

Have a good one.
Message 18 of 30
pmclean

When I run this FAS file it comes up with the instructions in unusual characters, I'm guessing because of the language, so I'm just trying to figure out how to use it. do I create two separate lookup tables and then run the FAS file and select them? or do I run the FAS file and create my lookup tables from there. once I get that my block will be complete. if someone can enlighten me on what the steps are to use this FAS file or how to get it so I can read the instructions I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks again.
Message 19 of 30
Charles_Shade

Russian, the lisp is from a Russian Forum. The fellow Juris may be able to put together a translation for you.
In the meantime maybe this site would help:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 20 of 30
pmclean

Yeah I've been trying to figure out the steps to using the lisp routine for 3 hours. Can't figure it out.

Juris is there anyway you can give me some direction? what are the steps I need to take to get this routine to work correctly.

this is what I get when I run the routine.

Command: Óêàæèòå Lookup-ïàðàìåòð
Óêàæèòå òî÷êó âñòàâêè àêòèâàòîðà_BParameter
Enter parameter type
[Alignment/Base/pOint/Linear/Polar/Xy/Rotation/Flip/Visibility/looKup]: _Lookup
Specify parameter location or [Name/Label/Description/Palette]:
Enter number of grips [0/1] <1>: 0

Command: _BActionTool
Enter action type [Array/Lookup/Flip/Move/Rotate/Scale/sTretch/Polar stretch]:
Lookup
Select parameter:

Command:

Command:

Command:
Command: Óêàæèòå Lookup-ïàðàìåòð; error: bad argument type: lentityp nil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services