Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Array Increment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
design
636 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamic Array Increment

Does anyone have a work around for being able to create a post (in plan view) and array it into a grid where you can dynamically change the x and y spacing? Also say you have a grid of arrayed objects, can you turn the visibility off for a particular object that has been arrayed, while leaving the rest on?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: design

heleads wrote:
> Does anyone have a work around for being able to create a post (in plan view) and array it into a grid where you can dynamically change the x and y spacing? Also say you have a grid of arrayed objects, can you turn the visibility off for a particular object that has been arrayed, while leaving the rest on?
The 1st part of your set of issues I have no familiarity with - yet.

Due mainly to not having 2K6 at this point

We are waiting until a certain Project is in to the Reviewing Agency,
prior to our deployment of 2K6 heleads.

But as regards the visibility issue, it's difficult for me to tell if
you mean that the objects in the Array are all "separate" DynBlocks, or
all part of one DynBlock?

An Array is distinct from a Group - Pieces (array) vs. Pieces of a Whole
(group).

And now that I'm in tune with Array, I'm thinking that your use of
"dynamically" in that reference is more happenstance, than due to the
DynBlock's capabilities.

Once you utilize Array, you just are left with more individual DynBlocks
- aren't you?

Maybe you should think through once more, and then maybe rephrase your
queries?

Don't give up the ship in your attempt to gain a more full understanding
of DynBlocks.

And I won't either heleads. 😉

HTH

--
Don Reichle
"The only thing worse
than training your staff,
and having them leave is -
not training your staff,
and having them stay."
Courtesy Graphics Solution Providers
----------------------------------------------------------
LDT/CD-2K4
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 2.01GHz
XPPro 32bit SP2
2GB RAM
Dual WD800JD Hard Drives - 149GB Nvidia Stripe
Nvidia Quadro FX 1300 128MB
Dual ViewSonic 19-inch VA902b monitors
Message 3 of 6
design

To clarify the second part of my question, I am referring to the visibility of objects within a single dynamic block that have been arrayed by the definition of the block itself. The application I am after is to set up a column grid based on a standard spacing but then customize the grid to remove a post where a girder truss might be used.
Message 4 of 6
tlindell

The array action is creating objects based on the definition of selected objects in the Block Editor. There is no way to array the parameters/actions dynamically.

The array action spacing is a set space factor. The scale action is the only thing that can alter the spacing, but it produces unexpected behavior - you won't like it.
Message 5 of 6
cnibbe

actually, you can use vis states and have different array actions for each, and then use lookups to 'preset' the block for the array action. it is clunky when switching spacings, but less wonky than scaling the block. i got it to work for different tread spacings in same stairway block. one thing worth noting, you can't have multiple array actions attached to one object. it will not permit it.

as far as individual column placement (or lack of), you'd have to either use a wipeout, or stay with traditional array methods.
Message 6 of 6
tlindell

Yes, if planning to adjust all the columns spacing, vis-states would work - if the number of spacing isn't too many.

I had understood the question to mean that each column spacing needed to be different though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services