Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default attribute value using other attribute

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Dimtick
199 Views, 4 Replies

default attribute value using other attribute

I have a dynamic column bubble block with a couple visiblity states. Not sure if I'm going about this the correct or most logical way but here goes....
what I would like to have is an attribute that defaults to the value of another attribute.
in other words when you insert the block it asks you for a column number. its inserted with a standard large text size. if the text is to big then you can switch it to another visiblity state using a smaller text size. This smalled text is also an attribute & uses the value of the larger text for it's value. I've been trying to do it by using a field but can't seem to get it to work.
Hopefully this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated
Chuck
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tlindell
in reply to: Dimtick

Have you considered just using a scale action to adjust the text size? You could have a lookup table to replace the VS popup and control the scale and the VS at the same time.
Message 3 of 5
Dimtick

Tlindell
I tried to do that first but don't know enough about look up tables to get it to work so I thought using a visibilty state would be a good alternative.
Chuck
Message 4 of 5
tlindell

The nice thing about Lookup tables is that you can control several parameters with it. Try the attached, hope it helps to understand.
Message 5 of 5
Dimtick

Dude, that totally rocks!!!!!!!!
I don't understand yet how it works but I'm going to study it until I do.
Thanx
Chuck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services