DB Stretch action isn't working correctly, Suggestions

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jarredmonday
524 Views, 9 Replies

DB Stretch action isn't working correctly, Suggestions

Hello all,

I cleaned up my block and I am trying to use a field to reference a polyline for it's overall distance. The distance changes with my lookup action. After rotating and going back and forth from "On" - "Off" - "Both Off", then back to "On", the red polyline doesn't stretch back on it's original plane.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

The Rotation Action for Angle2 Parameter moves the center point of Angle1 Parameter.

Could this be what is giving you issue? (Likely Not)

I think what is going on is when you Rotate Angle2 which rotates the Stretch Overall Parameter the Parameter is not stayting put at the left end but is rotating as a whole at the center and therefore ending in an inconsistant place relative to your starting point at the left end.

Message 3 of 10

Ha, thanks for the reply. I've tried doing some adjustments as you suggested, but the results are the same or become worse. I'll keep working at it and if I come up with some improvements I'll post them up.

Reading you reply reminded me of reading a leagal document, but I was able to understand what you wrote.

Thanks.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 10

I'll probably go bach to my original block. Seems to have more issue than I first realized.

Message 5 of 10

I did kind of wonder if that made any sense.

Your Block is hard to follow since there are only generic names for each most oaf the Parameters and Actions.

And many Lookup Actions that are full of exclamation points.

Message 6 of 10

I have my BACTIONBARMODE set to 1 where I don't see those. I forget to turn it back on to clean it up.

Message 7 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: jarredmonday

Is the attached file what you were looking for?

Message 8 of 10
jarredmonday
in reply to: Libbya

I must admit, I am very impressed with what you've done here. 

Message 9 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: jarredmonday

Right on.  In your original block you had the states of both end circles on, both off and just one on and so I kept it that way and turned off the left circle and hid the left flip when the Right flip is turned OFF.  It would be fairly easy to add the 4 visibility states where the Left is ON and the Right is OFF and adjust the Bridge Lookup and show the flip so that it would work properly to access those states..

Message 10 of 10
jarredmonday
in reply to: Libbya

I noticed that. When I was reviewing what you've done that did cross my mind to add the right side on and left side off. Thanks again for your time and effort. It's appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services