Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB parameter values

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
214 Views, 4 Replies

DB parameter values

is it poosible to create a DB with several parameters and have those parameters used as part of a calcukation for other parameters. example: if i create a casement window with a rough opening linear parameter value set to 36" - can that value be used to auto update the left/right side values for the window?
(RO = 36, left side = 18, right side = 18)

the left and right values are what actually stretch the block.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

For the mentioned case, I believe a Linear Parameter with Dist type = "List" for the DB, and use Base location = "Midpoint" should be able to achieve it. For other cases, you may try to use Action's Distance multiplier for them.

It will be easier for other to help if you can post a drawing to show your question.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

thank you

i've used the midpoit setting before but in this case i don't believe it is applicable. I guess my real question is what is the proper syntax for setting up and using variables (ie. global) so that values can be shared. I am familiar with field insertion but i did not see any reference to dynamic block parameter values.

drawing enclosed.

Rick
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Please find one of the possible solutions as the attached drawing. I am stretching Left and Right linear parameters based on the change of RO linear parameter. Currently, the Distance multiplier is -0.5 and 0.5. You can change it to -0.6 and 0.4 or whatever you want. By the way, I have turned Chain Actions ON for both Left and Right linear parameters.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Very interesting - thank you. i think i will incorporate the design into the block,

once again - thanks

rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services