Did you mean: 

DB Array Help

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
swood
344 Views, 3 Replies

DB Array Help

I have block that I have started working on. It is basically a pipe manifold with pipes coming out of the sides. As I stretch the manifold, I want it to add pipes every 12". This part works, but the problem is that it doesn't add the next pipe until I am about 10" past where the pipe belongs. I would like this to happen when I am about 2" past where the next pipe would go.

I have the end of my manifold currently 2" past the first pipe. I added my array command at this point, hoping that would mean that when I stretch the manifold 12" it would add one pipe. Not happening though.

Attached is the file I'm working on. I'd love some input.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ojuris
in reply to: swood

try this

Message 3 of 4
swood
in reply to: ojuris

That appears to work excellent. Thank you very much! I see you added the distance parameter, and set it to 12, but why does that work? Also, I have times where this spacing will change from 12" to 24" or possibly something else. Would I have to make a different array and set it to a different visibility or can I make it so the spacing can be modified by the user? This is also going to tie into the fact that I'm going to need these options for different size manifolds as well. The flange and elbow in this file are already dynamic blocks. Can I set one dynamic block to change the size used in other dynamic blocks? Again, thank you. You're saving me days of playing around trying to find an answer.
Message 4 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: swood

You cannot dynamically modify the column spacing of an array.  Visibility states would be required.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services