Dynamic Blocks

shayg.eps
Message 1 of 2 (265 Views)

Creating a dynamic grid

265 Views, 1 Replies
07-03-2012 08:52 PM

Hi

Using ACADLT 2008

Im looking for a way to automate my drafting tasks, and this time I want to automate the creation of structural steel grid quickly as possible.

I was thinking about creating a dynamic block with all my drawing needs, and then use an array action to multiply it as I go, but I cant use it since the cell size inside the block is static

Another idea I had is to create a dynamic block with fixed number of cell and columns, I gave to the dividers a starch action with divided multiplier. its working but its not practical because wit this method I have to create another million of grids(I attach this block )

Is there something I can do?

Thanks

Shay

Valued Mentor
bgingerich
Message 2 of 2 (212 Views)

Re: Creating a dynamic grid

07-10-2012 12:39 PM in reply to: shayg.eps

Will a custom hatch do what you need to?  Simply draw the outline and fill it with a hatch. 

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.