Did you mean: 

Constant Area Dynamic Block

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Scott_Clark-Dickson
2180 Views, 8 Replies

Constant Area Dynamic Block

I want to create a dynamic block with the area to be constant and if I stretch the block in the X diretction the Y would change accordingly to keep the area constant.

I know I can insert a field to get the area of the object, but not sure how to link this to the parameters?

Any help in getting started would be much appreciated.

I note that this has been asked before in the forum but not resolved,

Thanks in advance

Scott

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

HELLO....I MADE ONE REACTANGLE BLOCK IN THIS AREA IS CONSTANT VALUE (i.e INPUT FROM THE USER THROUGH PROPERTIES WINDOW ,IT IS CUSTOM PARAMETER ) IF WE CHANGE LENGTH IN THIS , WIDTH WILL ALSO CHANGE TO MAKE AREA CONSTANT...FOR SIMPLE GEOMETRIES BY USING DIMENSIONAL CONTRAINT PARAMETERS WE CAN DO AREA CONSTANT...

Message 3 of 9

Thanks vey much for your help.

That is just what I was after. Smiley Happy

Thanks

Scott

Message 4 of 9

Is it possible to fix the insertion point as the centre of the block as the base for the scaling as well as the rotation paramter?

Message 5 of 9

CHECK THIS DRAWING IN THIS BASE POINT IS FIXED IN THE CENTER , REMAINING THINGS MOVE CORRESPONDING TO CENTER,FOR THE GEOMETRY ADJUSTMENT I FORMED ONE LAYER EXTRA , I PUT THAT IN LAYER OFF MODE....WHICH IS NOT REQUIRED IN THE MODEL SPACE....

Message 6 of 9

Thanks very much for fixing that for me as it was just what I was after.

The only change I made was to make the middle line a 'construction' line so regardless of the layer it is not visible and does not plot.

Thanks again,

Scott

Message 7 of 9

How can I edit the AREA variable from outside the block? 

Message 8 of 9
lee_cheniere
in reply to: lathander

This is what i did....

Message 9 of 9

This is a bit old but I'll give it a go, since this is exactly what I need, whithout attributes lablels:

Since I don't know how to recreate personnalized properties blocks I don't manage to add attributes to this block.

Could you let me know how to do that?

I need it with 3 attributes.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services